cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung burn update

Anonymous
Not applicable
Received a text from Samsung advising me that the phone is out of warranty and to call into the shop for details.
Called into the shop and was told I have to pay £89.99 repairs as the screen was cracked. I was quite. surprised as my orginal complaint was that the top of the phone overheated and I heard a cracking noise. No one to date has mentioned the scar on my thumb nor contacted me from either Samsung or o2. Classy customer service! I do not have £90 nor will I continue to pay the monthly sub. Let's see how long it takes them to contact me then.
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124911 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7537 Solutions

On the ops first thread I think it was taken into O2 and sent off from there (as a replacement handset was given) We did say on that particular thread that she would have been better to contact Samsung directly as the phone was still under warranty. However at that time...we had no information about cracked screens

Taken from ops first post on initial thread....

I'm on a 24 month contract with o2 so I called into the local o2 shop and explained what happened and that I'm presently on a course of chemotherapy and need my phone to pick up emails. I've been told it will take 10 working days until I get my phone returned and I don't see why I'm paying for an Internet service that I'm not receiving.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 22

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93607 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7000 Solutions

So not a text from Samsung but from the highwaymen Anovo....that seems to be the norm then!!!

Message 22 of 22