cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung burn update

Anonymous
Not applicable
Received a text from Samsung advising me that the phone is out of warranty and to call into the shop for details.
Called into the shop and was told I have to pay £89.99 repairs as the screen was cracked. I was quite. surprised as my orginal complaint was that the top of the phone overheated and I heard a cracking noise. No one to date has mentioned the scar on my thumb nor contacted me from either Samsung or o2. Classy customer service! I do not have £90 nor will I continue to pay the monthly sub. Let's see how long it takes them to contact me then.
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124911 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7537 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I'm guessing no screen cracking was noticed. ...

Though on this thread the op said she heard a cracking noise in her first post. No mention on the previous thread which was why I asked... as that was the part that confused me...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 22

jonsie
  • 93609 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7000 Solutions

I would have thought that if you heard a cracking noise you would automatically check the physical condition of the phone....but maybe that's just me?  We seem to have moved on from the other thread where this wasn't mentioned....

Message 12 of 22

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
The log files will have recorded any increase in critical temperature.
The other sensors will show what happened immediately prior to the temps rising so much.
I'm guessing Samsung didn't like what they saw.
Message 13 of 22

jonsie
  • 93609 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7000 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
The log files will have recorded any increase in critical temperature.
The other sensors will show what happened immediately prior to the temps rising so much.
I'm guessing Samsung didn't like what they saw.

....so tough crap?

Message 14 of 22

viridis
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
It was tough crap the second Samsung said "no"
For them to say no with their record, somethings not right.
Not many realise the logs store everything.

For instance.
Say a customer goes to Sony with cracked screen and the customer says "it just bent / cracked whilst lying on table" (common warranty claim) Sony can just pull the log record of "system anomaly" and they can see if the pressure inside the unit rose just prior to an immediate drop in pressure and a fault recorded on the digitizer.
This would indicate that the phone was under external pressure before "something"released all the pressure (screen cracking or chassis warping)
Immediately Sony know this phone bent due to an external force.
Samsung have the same system in place which records system anomolies and can easily tell what caused what and how.
Samsung wouldn't risk the fallout over a mid range device tbh.
Message 15 of 22

jonsie
  • 93609 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7000 Solutions

Well they are obviously sure of the circumstances so it's a matter of paying for the screen replacement and hoping that Samsung check that no other components are damaged.

Message 16 of 22

viridis
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Wait, why are Samsung texting op when it was sent in to o2 Repairs?
Message 17 of 22

MI5
  • 147995 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28375 Solutions
Re-read the first post and I wonder if it has assumed to be a text from Samsung which actually came from Annovo ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 18 of 22

viridis
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
If it came from anovo I would be sending it to Samsung pronto, (as originally advised by others)
Message 19 of 22

MI5
  • 147995 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28375 Solutions
For sure.
Exactly why we always advise that route.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 20 of 22