Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new Samsung S24 Ultra - no Sim/ESim

Silkweed
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I bought a Samsung S24 Ultra yesterday, transferred the data and all seemed ok till I started the Sim stuff.

I was told to try the new ESim so I proceeded to set it up. I recieved a message update and waited, 24 hrs later Im still waiting. I have not received any info from O2 other than not being able to do anything relating to Sims on my account as it says 'Because there are some changes undeway on your account etc' .

Now I do not have any Sim or mobile network of any sort, I dont have a landline either so cant call them. I went into my local O2 shop, they were going to give me a normal Sim but couldnt as the system would not allow it. I have been told to carry on waiting for the ESim to attempt whatever its doing, if not then I have to go back to the shop yet again.

In brief, I dont have a Sim/ESim for my new phone and cant get hold of O2. Can someone advise me what on earth I should do, and whats happened.

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147236 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions

@Silkweed 

Standard O2 mess up. You're not the first, nor will you be the last.

Use Skype to call for free Guide: A Guide to Skype 

Or message on social media Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

Silkweed
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Im very grateful to you again MI5. Ive attempted to leave a message on Facebook, typically Im getting RUBBISH bot replies, then told they would get back to me in the next 72 hours lol omg.

Do you think the shop would be able to overide the automated ESim thing tomorrow, I just want a normal Sim now.

Thanks

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 147236 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions

@Silkweed 

You need to keep pushing them on FB.

From experience of others on here, shops can't override the system.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 6

Silkweed
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ive tried setting up Skype but its trying to send a verification code to my phone which obviously cant do at the moment.

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 147236 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions

@Silkweed 

How to Create a Skype Account Without a Phone Number

Creating a Skype account is easy and can be done in just a few steps. All you need is an email address and you’re ready to go. Here’s how to create a Skype account without a phone number:

1. Go to the Skype website and click on “Sign in” or “Create Account”.

2. Enter your email address, create a password and click “Create Account”.

3. You will be asked to confirm your email address. Click on the link in the email you receive.

4. You will be asked to enter your name, date of birth and country.

5. You will then be asked to choose a Skype name. This will be your unique identifier on Skype.

6. That’s it! You have now created a Skype account without a phone number.

What Can You Do With a Skype Account?

Once you have created a Skype account, you can start using the service right away. Skype allows you to communicate with other users through voice and video calls, instant messages, and file transfers.

You can also make voice calls to landlines and mobile phones with Skype. This is achieved through Skype’s calling plans, which require a valid phone number. However, you can also make calls without a phone number by using Skype Credit.

https://softkeys.uk/blogs/blog/do-i-need-a-phone-number-to-use-skype#:~:text=It%20allows%20users%20t....

Message 6 of 6