cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ripped off customer

Anonymous
Not applicable
I took out a 24 month contract in October 2011. The handset I chose was a Samsung Galaxy Ace. This has to be the biggest mistake l have ever made. The handset will not hold its charge any longer than an hour. Thus making it useless as I have to keep it plugged in to the mains in order to use it.
At the end ofnmyntether I called O2 tonight to see what could be done. These we're the options I was given after being asked why I had not insured the phone.
1. Pay £91.00 to upgrade my handset early.
2. Go and buy a new battery at my own expense.

Needless to say I was not impressed with this and it is now my intention to contact my local Trading Standard office as well as my solicitor to see what legal remedies are open to me.

I am of the opinion that if I were to not pay my monthy charge then I would be in breach of contract. Therefore if the provider of my service supplies me with a handset that does not last the contract period of 24 months and they refuse to supply me with a servicable handset that I can use the service that I am paying for then they to would be in breach of contract.

Let us see what happens.
Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

ah yes i know the one, my mother used to have one of those massive cellnet ones with equally massive, heavy & quick drain in 10 minute batteries

Message 21 of 37

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

There's a picture here:

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-topic/what-was-peoples-first-mobile-phone/m-p/258613#M316

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 22 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah thats the one my mother had

Message 23 of 37

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Quite a good phone it was a bit awkward without a screen though.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 24 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

she always thought she might accidentally snap the aerial

Message 25 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
I used to have one of those it came with two back cases one for the rechargeable batteries and a larger one for the 4 aa,s
Message 26 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi mo

I am not technical I am afraid, however, experienced the same problem with my Galaxy Ace within the first month. i am now at the 11 month of a one year contract and during this time I have had a new mobile (with the first month), a new battery, two new sim cards and it is now back in repair for the third time. Each time I lose my data etc and each time I loan a mobile which is basic to say the least. Besides these returns I have spent many hours in the shop, with the guru, talking to O2 repairs and really haven't had the service since taking out the contract last May. My sister had exactly the same problem and has since had her handset replaced and upgraded. I personally think the problem lies with a faulty batch of handsets around this time.

I hope this helps and I appreciate your frustration... clearly we are not the only ones.

Ang

Message 27 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI:

Samsung handset warranty is 2 years.

Battery & accessories are 6 months.

As for O2's repair service, I repeat what I always say on here - GO DIRECTLY TO THE MANUFACTURE for warranty issues NOT O2!

Message 28 of 37

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146702 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions
Samsung also use Anovo so I would suggest you take it to your nearest "walk in centre" http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/location/supportServiceLocation.do?page=SERVICE.LOCATION
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 29 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

When are o2 going to stop using these cowboys

Message 30 of 37