cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ripped off customer

Anonymous
Not applicable
I took out a 24 month contract in October 2011. The handset I chose was a Samsung Galaxy Ace. This has to be the biggest mistake l have ever made. The handset will not hold its charge any longer than an hour. Thus making it useless as I have to keep it plugged in to the mains in order to use it.
At the end ofnmyntether I called O2 tonight to see what could be done. These we're the options I was given after being asked why I had not insured the phone.
1. Pay £91.00 to upgrade my handset early.
2. Go and buy a new battery at my own expense.

Needless to say I was not impressed with this and it is now my intention to contact my local Trading Standard office as well as my solicitor to see what legal remedies are open to me.

I am of the opinion that if I were to not pay my monthy charge then I would be in breach of contract. Therefore if the provider of my service supplies me with a handset that does not last the contract period of 24 months and they refuse to supply me with a servicable handset that I can use the service that I am paying for then they to would be in breach of contract.

Let us see what happens.
Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145204 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27886 Solutions
No time soon having just recently re signed a 5 year deal 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 31 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
5 years oh no that's not good
Message 32 of 37

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions
Anovo offer a good service. Its generally a quick turnaround (3 to 5 days on average) and if a handset cannot be repaired within 7 days they replace it.
I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 33 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

i do admit that they have a good turnaround of a few days & you can choose whether to pick it up instore or receive it back to your home in the post

Message 34 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's if they don't claim its water damaged slight_smile
Message 35 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Very true
Message 36 of 37

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

I sent my phone away for repair on Wednesday and it was replaced and arrived back in store today. Cant really fault that at all.

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 37 of 37