cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 - Worst network in the Uk

Anonymous
Not applicable

The service I have had from O2 the last few months has been awful.

The last few months my signal at home and work is no existent. 

Ive contacted all the support people and later the high up complaints team.

And basicly it comes to this,  The mast by my home and work is broken, they dont have the part needed to fix it and dont know how long it is going to take to find. Could be months

They admit its there fault but when I ask to cancel my contract I get told "we dont cancel contracts under these circumstances"

Well what circumstances do you cancel for as my phone is un-usable.  Dont tell me to use your TU App as that seems to be made by a 5 year old and I cant use Wi-Fi at work

This company is a joke and I will be doing everything I can to let the world know how rubbish they are.

Trading standards state - If you have a poor mobile signal at home you have rights under the Sale of Goods and Services Act. It says that if there is no mobile signal in your area and you are constantly losing service, you may be able to terminate the contract for non-performance.

I have quoted this to O2 but every time it gets ignored.

Trading standars here I come.

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
Free texts won't happen as "most" tariffs from all the main networks and MVNO's give unlimited texts these days
Message 21 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

well that just makes it more annoying that they keep trying to push TuGo on me when the basis of my complaint is that i have no data at all!

Message 22 of 40

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145102 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions
Indeed.... it is completely irrelevant to your issue.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 23 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
I too have bad service from O2 and considering it's the strongest network where I live they well and truly have me over a barrel. I have tried tweeting to them, calling and even speaking to various zombies on live chat and nothing ever comes of it. They must think we enjoy getting our money and putting it down a drain or something.

I have never been offered any compensation and all I get told is that "they are looking into it". Horrendous.
Message 24 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not many companies 'offer' GWG nowadays.

You need to ask via Cs or the online complaint form.
Message 25 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous Did you not do any research on network coverage etc before committing to O2.?
Message 26 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
As I said O2 are meant to be the strongest network here. I have also been with them for many years.
Message 27 of 40

Cleoriff
  • 123402 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Off Topic but relevant .... what does GWG and MVNO mean? Smiley Embarassed

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 40

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

GGW Gesture of goodwill or GWG Good will gesture

MVNO Mobile virtual network operator, meaning a mobile provider that runs off a mother network provider.

Message 29 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good will gesture.
Message 30 of 40