Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do o2 use dpd?

Saz1_1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Honestly, why would they use the worst courier service for "free next day delivery"?

I'm genuinely convinced I won't get my phone. In the last 3 years, Dpd have lost 2 separate parcels and mis-delivered 3 (left in some random persons shed 13 miles away in one instance!). They are so unhelpful. They're impossible to get a hold of as well. Terribly unreliable 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10895 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 3121 Solutions

@Saz1_1 

Never had a problem with DPD where I am always on time and the usual driver is spot on...   The worst by a long way is Yodel... 

It might come by DHL as well, just keep an eye on the Tracking...

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147812 Posts
  • 639 Topics
  • 28355 Solutions

@Saz1_1 

I find it's down to the individual drivers.

I always get great service from Evri where I am but they have a terrible reputation elsewhere.

If the driver can be bothered, you get well served.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 10

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7340 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 1606 Solutions

DPD is good for me here. Had a few next day deliveries recently.

Had one next day delayed last year but they text me and it was delivered next day.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 10

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 8132 Posts
  • 167 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

I generally get parcels from all firms OK, although they are often just dumped on the doorstep. That's when the video doorbell comes into its own, meaning that you are alerted to the drivers' presence even if they do not bother to ring the doorbell ! 👍

Message 5 of 10

Saz1_1
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The status on dpds site is "we have your parcel" and that they'll let me know when it's out for delivery, but it's been in that status since Thursday (which was supposed to be delivery day) 😞

Message 6 of 10

Saz1_1
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

For this case, it doesn't seem to have gotten to a driver yet, there's been no update from dpd since Thurs (which was supposed to be delivery day).

I'm just afraid the parcel is lost, like some other ones have... they haven't been helpful in the past 

Message 7 of 10

Saz1_1
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm jealous to be honest! The evri drivers in my area seem to be spot on, but dpd are atrocious 

Message 8 of 10

Saz1_1
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ugh the dump on the doorstep is an awful way to deliver anything! I've had some drivers leave a "we missed you" card, when I've been sat waiting on the parcel and they definitely didn't approach lol

Message 9 of 10

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 8132 Posts
  • 167 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Saz1_1 wrote:

For this case, it doesn't seem to have gotten to a driver yet, there's been no update from dpd since Thurs (which was supposed to be delivery day).

I'm just afraid the parcel is lost, like some other ones have... they haven't been helpful in the past 

@Saz1_1 

I think that you are aware that this is a customer to customer Community with no direct O2 involvement. And we cannot help directly in that we cannot access accounts or anything like that. 

I suggest that you reach out to the sales' team at O2 for help. You can message them on social media if that is convenient to you :-

Facebook : https://o2uk.co/O2CFB

X (previously known as Twitter) : https://o2uk.co/O2CTW

Instagram : https://o2uk.co/O2CIG

It might be 48 hours or so before the social media team engage with you. Please do send them an occasional reminder in the meantime.

You can also make contact via Skype :-

Guide: A Guide to Skype

A more detailed schedule of how to contact O2 can be found at :-

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Please keep us informed of developments. 👍

Message 10 of 10