No O2 service in Gaydon since Monday 21st Oct 2013

Anonymous
Not applicable

No O2 service in Gaydon since Monday 21st Oct 2013

Message 1 of 49
48 REPLIES 48

Anonymous
Not applicable
If after all the usual remedies of cleaning your sim and trying another phone or exchanging the sim does not work then challenge the mast status with O2.

Ask anyone around you also on O2 to report it too.
Message 11 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

We all on O2 in the office have the same issue - multiple phones and has been like this since Monday.

Message 12 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

DAY 4

Live results for CV35 0RR, Stratford on Avon, Warks

• Sorry we're currently investigating reports that a phone mast in this area isn't working.
    This means you might experience problems making calls, using the internet, or sending / receiving emails in this area.
    Updated 09:02 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet
Message 13 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK,

so having spoken to O2 customer NON serivce, I have been told the mast in lighthorne will be down until the 27th.

Suggesting I should be compensated for the time I cannot use my phone or be contacted in emergencies on it (8 hours a day for 5 days this week) I have been told that theyu only compesate you for time off at your HOME postcode. Forgiveme but its a blinking MOBILE PHONE. I use it away from home and spend most of my days at work !!!!! - oh well contarct up time soon - lest have a check on other providers 🙂

Message 14 of 49

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23145 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

Check all the providers you like. We are all customers here, just like you. If you decide you want to change, make sure you get good coverage at home and at work from whichever network you decide to move to. That should always be the primary concern. If this is the first time you've had a problem with O2's service, and most of the time it's good, you might want to think about it before you take a decision. Once your service is restored, try calling Customer Services again. You might get someone who is more sympathetic to your problem, and you might receive a goodwill gesture as compensation for the down time. It never hurts to ask.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 15 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

"I've never known a timeframe be announced for running repairs......"

So how did that happen then?

Message 16 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

I contacted O2 support and was told there isn't a problem, the agent suggested I clean my SIM card or turn the device off and on again, when I suggested that several colleagues were also experiencing no service she suggested I try the service help desk (Premium number).  When I did this I was informed there MAY be a problem with a mast in the Stratford area and there is no timescale for the repair completion.  This is shocking service from a large supplier, I never had a single problem with my previous provider Vodafone for seven years, I think when my contract is up I will vote with my feet.  4 days with no service now and counting.

Message 17 of 49

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23145 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

Live results for Gaydon, Warks

• Sorry we're currently investigating reports that a phone mast in this area isn't working.
    This means you might experience problems making calls, using the internet, or sending / receiving emails in this area.
    Updated 10:02 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 18 of 49

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

"I've never known a timeframe be announced for running repairs......"

So how did that happen then?

???

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

ianc_leicester writes:

"so having spoken to O2 customer NON serivce, I have been told the mast in lighthorne will be down until the 27th."

Message 20 of 49