cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good news for customers

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 have announced that they will always make sure customers get their refunds for disputed digital content purchases. (About time O2 complied with the law and made sure refunds go straight back into customers accounts directly.) hopefully this will see and end to seeing bounce.mobi, iFitness scams on this community board!!!

https://www.o2.co.uk/charge-to-mobile.

"If something goes wrong, we'll be there. We'll always make sure you get your money back if you're a victim of fraud. Have a look at the refund page to find out how to claim for a refund
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
The law is changed though. The Consumer Rights Act 2015 only came into force and any purchases of digital content are covered by the act.

ILovemyphone which part don't you think will work? I'm genuinely interested in a discussion.
Message 11 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous They'll find a way around it eventually then the same problem will occur over & over

Message 12 of 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144091 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
2015 act?
My point is the wording that you quoted from o2 hasn't changed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
That I agree with, having been emailing the Director of policy and external relations at the Phone Paid Services Authority, I know they are looking at implementing different opinions for a refund, but at the moment Networks are liable
Message 14 of 20

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

You and O2 are talking about two entirety different things. Yes protection is there for fraud but the sort of scams being run by the likes of ifitness have been ruled as legal so don't automatically expect a refund from O2 on the back of your opening post. 

Message 15 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 won't do anything about ifitness etc as it's nothing to do with them 

Message 16 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's the thing Jonsie, O2 and other networks would like these two things to be separate entities entirely. But they are not, any purchase that you make for digital content if you pay from your O2 account, you're entitled to a refund into your O2 account. If no mechanism exists for the third party to refund back into your O2 account then that's down to the Networks incompetence and they are liable.
Message 17 of 20

MI5
  • 144091 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
I really can't see why all the networks can't get together to combat this scurg as they are all affected by it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 18 of 20

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
@Anonymous I'm not sure I agree with O2 being liable. If you have been a victim of fraud (and can prove this (it isn't for the networks to prove)) then O2 will refund you that is what they are saying and that is the current legislation.

If you pay by mobile for a service, and then you request a refund but the service provider doesn't offer you one O2 are not liable to provide you with one.

I think what you are referring to is a refund back on the original payment method, and sadly I don't know the technical details on this, but I doubt there is a solution in place for this since a lot of digital delivered content is available to use immediately there are no automatic rights for a refund.
Message 19 of 20

MI5
  • 144091 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
All this can be easily fixed by having a 2 stage subscription process to these services rather than an obscure click of a link.
Until the regulators grows some balls this will never change.

Currently using:
Message 20 of 20