cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good news for customers

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 have announced that they will always make sure customers get their refunds for disputed digital content purchases. (About time O2 complied with the law and made sure refunds go straight back into customers accounts directly.) hopefully this will see and end to seeing bounce.mobi, iFitness scams on this community board!!!

https://www.o2.co.uk/charge-to-mobile.

"If something goes wrong, we'll be there. We'll always make sure you get your money back if you're a victim of fraud. Have a look at the refund page to find out how to claim for a refund
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10172 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions
This doesn’t seem to apply to reverse billed sms, and I’m sure o2 will make you prove that you didn’t sign up for the service that has allegedly been signed up for...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 20

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Good news in theory. I'm not sure I can see it working though. You would need to prove that you hadn't signed up for anything ....Difficult to do when so many people actually want to sign up for these things...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have to wait and see what happens, but O2 cannot make statements saying that they will make sure customers get their money back and then leave them high and dry.
Message 4 of 20

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10172 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions
Your missing something though @Anonymous its up to the customer to prove they haven't signed up for anything, and have been the victim of fraud, all o2 is doing is acting in accordance that you can prove beyond all reasonable doubt that you didnt sign up or where negligent i.e letting kids know your pin code or password...

Very difficult to do with the app stores, as Google and the other stores make you verify that you want to proceed with the purchase...
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 20

MI5
  • 144358 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
I'd hate to rain on anyone's parade here but that isn't anything new and charge to mobile is different from the scams you mentioned.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
On O2 bills iFitness etc show up under the "things you've bought" section not the Premium and Information Services section.

This is because calling or texting a premium rate number is not generally for making a purchases of goods or digital content it's a service. This why it's different.

A consumer who purchases goods or digital content is entitled to a refund using the same method than was used to pay for the goods/digital content.

All refunds in future must be made into an O2 account and only O2 can do that!!
Message 7 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
I get what you are saying madasafish regarding still having to complain to prove that you did not subscribe to a service, but all the while Bounce.mobi and other PRS providers do not have agreements in place which allow them to refund directly back to your O2 account O2 have removed their customers statutory rights and are negligent.

This negligence voids their terms and conditions and customers cannot be held liable for third party charges
Message 8 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think it will work 

Message 9 of 20

MI5
  • 144358 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Like I said, it's not new.
The statement has always been there but the services being referred to come under different legislation unfortunately.
It's not right but it is how it is until laws are changed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 20