cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being overcharged??

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been with o2 for over 4 years now and have been paying line rental only for over a year on 5gb plan paying over £25 a month. I have just tried to increase my data usage and been told the next tariff increase would be £40!!!! For another 3gb but they would give me a 'reduction of £7 to £33 a month'!! Bearing in mind I can get a brand new free iPhone 6s, 8gb a month with 3 for £34 a month!!!! And I have just seen the sim only deal o2 are promoting at the moment for 20gb for £25 - this is absolutely disgusting!!!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
If you are only on line rental only just switch to the 20gb simo whilst the offer is on.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am not sure whether I am able to do this as 'Aerial Direct' or whoever did not offer this option to me today when I spoke to them?
Message 3 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous  O2 change their offers all the time, as do all the other networks. I don't see why you have any cause to be disgusted or think you're being overcharged. It's not O2's responsibility to keep tabs on what your tariff is, and the length of time you've been with O2 has absolutely nothing to do with what you pay. O2 don't operate a loyalty scheme any longer, and use a 'fair use for all' policy. If you're unhappy with what you're paying, speak to customer service and use the option that you're thinking of leaving. It's possible that retentions might offer you something. If you're not happy with that, you're free to move to any network where you think you might get a better deal, but check the coverage you would get before you move. A better deal is useless if you don't get a good signal.

@Anonymous  I just saw your post. Are you with Aerial Direct now, or have they called you? If you are not with them yet, DO NOT go with them. They will lock you into a two year contract that you will not be able to get out of. Deal with O2 directly if you want a Refresh or sim only contract.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I realise it is not o2's responsibility to keep tabs on my contract - I have contacted them. And yes I am with Aerial Direct and was not aware I had a choice in the matter? They contacted me over a year ago and advised me that they were working with o2 and they would be managing my contract. I was not given an option.
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 trusted partners at it again 

Message 6 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Oh dear 😞
Unfortunately you are stuck with them now until the end of your contract. You are on a business tariff which is completely different to a normal consumer tariff and most likely wholly unsuitable for your needs - but that's what Aerial do best and O2 keep letting them get away with it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7