Did you mean: 

Batteries

JimmyGS2
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 66 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Forgive me if this ends up into a rant.

My Galaxy S2 has started to behave oddly. I could be on the net with it, then put it to sleep and place it on the table. So many minutes later i can not wake it up. I take out the battery, put it back in and on it comes but with, and sometimes, a massive drop in power with a sharp vertical line on the battery usage graph.

I spoke to one of the 02 chat people who advised to get a new battery. So heres my beef. You can not buy a galaxy s2 from a) any 02 store, b) carphonewarehouse. You can buy them at indipendant stores but you will find the price to way higher than 02's £19.99.

So instead of being able to sort the problem quickly, before the phone decides it wont work at all, i have to wait up to 5 days to get one delivered from the 02 online store.

Sorry again but its really wound me up.

Message 1 of 59
58 REPLIES 58

JimmyGS2
  • 66 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was advised on the online 02 chat that the issue was the battery. Since swapping batteries with my wife's S2 i have not experience any issues at all. Im not sure why an app would cause the phone to suddenly turn off and not respond to the power button command to come back on and take a removal and replacement of the battery to bring it back to life.

Message 11 of 59

JimmyGS2
  • 66 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Its true i should be on 4.04 but sadly i have to go through Kies on my laptop to do it and im told upgrading to it removes local search which im not willing to loose.
Message 12 of 59

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145948 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28087 Solutions
I've no idea where you get your mis-information from but you seem to be full of it......??
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 13 of 59

JimmyGS2
  • 66 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Such as? The advice given to me by o2 themselves perhaps?
Message 14 of 59

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145948 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28087 Solutions

@JimmyGS2 wrote:
The advice given to me by o2 ?
Ahhh, now it all makes sense wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 15 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable

try disabling location services on apps you dont need. half the time live chat dont know what they talking about

Message 16 of 59

JimmyGS2
  • 66 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
How will that help? Sorry Im not very technical
Message 17 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable

it will save battery as the location uses battery as it is searching for your location even if you havent touched the phone while using an app

Message 18 of 59

JimmyGS2
  • 66 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks. I have not had a single issue since swapping batteries with my wife's S2 so when my new battery arrives i will use that.

Message 19 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK well good luck with that. Sadly, I don't think you have understood much of any of the advice given; you don't need Kies on your laptop to update your device OS; you will face future problems if contrary to the advice of knowledgeable users here you maintain this blind faith in o2 online chat advice, and until you understand the features of your device and which ones use the battery most heavily you will just face the same problem again.

Message 20 of 59