cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone know what Buongiorno is?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a new customer and just got a £1.50 charge on my account for "Buongiorno". No idea why and I certainly haven't downloaded any Apps or Services that would charge onto my mobile account.

I've been trying to contact O2 to ask them but cannot get through on Live Chat or via my mobile - they are annoyingly difficult to contact.

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146101 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28151 Solutions
Additionally, some people may choose to take these services.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 21 of 39

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Additionally, some people may choose to take these services.

Exactly, gambling betting and whatever, someone will always want to use it. slight_frown

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 22 of 39

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

O2 couldn't possibly monitor the charges on every individual account and then wonder if the customer wanted a particular service. Same for every network. It's down to the governing bodies to clamp down on the companies that prey on us and deal out massive fines. You read of odd ones being dealt with but it's very lucrative and easy to set up for these pirates.

Message 23 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well yes exactly but in what other industry does your bill get charged when you wrongly click on a link.

Message 24 of 39

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Well yes exactly but in what other industry does your bill get charged when you wrongly click on a link.

You need to make representations to the regulator, O2 can't change it.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 25 of 39

Cleoriff
  • 123982 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7500 Solutions

In fairness  @Anonymous without disputing your innocence O2 only have your word that you clicked on the link by mistake. Others have clicked on the link and regretted it after using for a while. Other people genuinely have a use for these types of sites (as mentioned earlier in the thread)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 39

MI5
  • 146101 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28151 Solutions
By clicking the link, intentionally or otherwise, gives O2 the permission to charge your account for the services provided.
Unfortunately, you need to take some responsibility here and follow the steps given to you to reverse the process.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 27 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fine we could argue for ever. The process is hardly honest and transparent, a bill gets charged regardless of wanted or not. How about a warning eg do you really want your bill charged? Just by clicking a link - come on get real its hadly giving consumers any protection. These firms must be making millions out of mistakes it needs to stop and providers and the regulator just let it happen.

Message 28 of 39

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You just have to learn to be more careful, O2 can't do this for you.

As you don't want the advice on offer I will leave you to it.

Message 29 of 39

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Until the official bodies get together with the networks to find a way to stop these people I'm afraid the responsibility is 100% on us to be aware and ultra cautious.

Message 30 of 39