cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone know what Buongiorno is?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a new customer and just got a £1.50 charge on my account for "Buongiorno". No idea why and I certainly haven't downloaded any Apps or Services that would charge onto my mobile account.

I've been trying to contact O2 to ask them but cannot get through on Live Chat or via my mobile - they are annoyingly difficult to contact.

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
I too have been scammed by Buongiorno and now by another bunch of crooks called Playphone. At least B!games offered a service even if it was unsolicited but the text I received from Playphone just read "welcome to playcredits, text stop to cancel" without offering a link to anything. I have had the dubious pleasure of being charged £2.49 to receive this and 8.3p to cancel. Like the original poster, I am a new o2 customer. This problem started 4 days after leaving Three, where I'd spent 4 years blissfully ignorant of such scams despite having the same number.
Message 31 of 39

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Have you tried a complaint to http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/For-the-Public/Make-a-complaint.aspx

They might even get you refunded.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 32 of 39

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
Message 33 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
Texting stop to 64546 does not work. It's the wrong number. Try 60201
Message 34 of 39

Cleoriff
  • 123431 Posts
  • 827 Topics
  • 7477 Solutions

I actually read somewhere that texting STOP to these companies doesn't work and is often the worst thing you can do...One poster tracked down the culprits address and phone number by searching google. They eventually refunded her money and stopped anything further..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 35 of 39

MI5
  • 145129 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27862 Solutions
If it's a UK based company who play by the "rules" texting STOP is fine.
But, it won't make a blind bit of difference to the foreign scum who will just continue to bombard you and also sell on your number as a verified live number.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 36 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

Guy's this has been happening to my wife for the past year and a half! In total they have taken £100.50 without my wife knowing. Her bill was always higher than her monthly tariff and I signed her up to the MyO2 app.  This is when we realised why they were always above the set monthly cost! (If you havent already signed up, please do it is easy to do and will help you monitor this kind of criminal act and stop it!) I contacted Buongiorno (waste off time) on 02076136000 or 02076499636. i guy on the phone was justifying why she was being charged without listening to our side of the story, which i knew they would. So i got an email off him (very kind of him...not!!) you are best just not contacting them and just email straight away to refunds.uk@buongiorno.com.

I also cc's in the PSA authority compliance@psaauthority.org.uk for good measures.  In my email i have quoted the PSA code of practice and that I have sent my solicitor a copy of the email, demanding every penny back! I also attached 1 example of the bill inwhich they took money.

I was forceful and frank with my words and will now await their response?! This is not on guy's, think of the thousand of other people who dont check their bills each month and how much this thieving company is racking in each month preying on honest hard working people!

Any way I will keep you all posted on the outcome and would urge you all to do the same to stop these scum bags!!

Warren

Message 37 of 39

MI5
  • 145129 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27862 Solutions
Well done and hope they cough up quickly.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 38 of 39

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

TRULY awful but you know, whilst I have the utmost sympathy, it's our responsibility to check our bills every month. You have allowed this to go on for 18 months? Really? This could have been sorted the first month but now I see little chance of getting the charges refunded.

http://www.buongiorno.com/customer-care

Message 39 of 39