Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey guys, 

As I'm sure your all aware we have a lot of people come to the O2 community looking for help and advice on various subjects ranging from major hardware faults to simple settings queries. In order to help people find the right answer to their question we mark the answer as the "Accepted Solution". This is then linked to the opening post so it can be found quickly. 

My question is do you think that "accepted solution" is the best way to mark the answer? Many other forums use a similar process but have different wording such as "Best Answer" or "Most helpful response" and we were curious as to what you guys think of "Accepted Solution" as a way of marking correct or helpful answers.

I would also like to hear your thoughts on "Kudos" as a way of liking posts? Do you think a simple Facebook style thumbs up would be better or is it fine as it is?

Please let me know what you think in the comments below and don't be afraid to think outside the box with alternative suggestions. Perhaps something tied in to O2's branding or wording on our main website.

Question 2.jpg

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
I guess replacing the kudos button with a thumbs up would be ok, but not sure what real value that would have. As for the solutions, there isn't a high % of these marked so perhaps admin could also help select the best respond if spotted unmarked by the thread author.

MORE EMOJIS slight_smile
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 11 of 37

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for posting everyone. Looks like people are happy with the current wording of accepted solutions. I'll make some enquiries about new default emoticons as there are definitely some that are rarely used. 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 12 of 37

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

While the general consensus here is that most are happy with the 'Accepted Solution' label, we may still consider creating a more recognisable name for it. I'm doing my own little research and seeing how its used around the web :).

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 13 of 37

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
Another consideration for the accepted solution process is that some new members just accept the last post in the thread (thinking that is the way to close the thread) rather than the one they think gives the best answer.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 14 of 37

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Its certainly something we can look at @MI5 as new users may not understand how the process works. As always feel free to bring any incorrect solutions to the community teams attention so we can correct them. 

signature

Message 15 of 37

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@Martin-O2 wrote:

Its certainly something we can look at @MI5 as new users may not understand how the process works. As always feel free to bring any incorrect solutions to the community teams attention so we can correct them. 

That's fine for any that are blatantly obvious but there are some that could go either way, so no one can be 100% certain without asking if it was the OP's intention.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 16 of 37

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Martin-O2 wrote:

That's fine for any that are blatantly obvious but there are some that could go either way, so no one can be 100% certain without asking if it was the OP's intention.

This is true. We'll give it some thought and keep everyone updated if any changes are made. wink

signature

Message 17 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby wrote:

Hi guys,

While the general consensus here is that most are happy with the 'Accepted Solution' label, we may still consider creating a more recognisable name for it. I'm doing my own little research and seeing how its used around the web :).

A couple of years ago giffgaff took the decision to change that term to "Best Answer", in the mistaken belief that it might encourage more newcomers to close off a thread, but they're still fighting a losing battle in that respect. In fact, after a lot of consultation on the subject (which divided opinion greatly), they've decided to let a small pool of trusted members start selecting best answers. Whatever terminology is used, you're still faced with the same problem, so it's only going to be a cosmetic change really.

Message 18 of 37

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Toby wrote:

Hi guys,

A couple of years ago giffgaff took the decision to change that term to "Best Answer", in the mistaken belief that it might encourage more newcomers to close off a thread, but they're still fighting a losing battle in that respect. In fact, after a lot of consultation on the subject (which divided opinion greatly), they've decided to let a small pool of trusted members start selecting best answers. Whatever terminology is used, you're still faced with the same problem, so it's only going to be a cosmetic change really.

Agreed. As stated in a previous post, it might be an idea for the admins to just update as and when to spot a threat that could be marked as "answered"

Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 19 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

Curr946 wrote: 

Agreed. As stated in a previous post, it might be an idea for the admins to just update as and when to spot a threat that could be marked as "answered"

I can't speak for them, but I'm guessing that they're trying to lighten their workload, so that they can concentrate on other duties. Not only that, but it gives the whole process a lot more credibility if the OP makes a selection. But it's a real challenge getting newcomers to understand the significance of closing off threads, and any attempts at education rarely makes much of a difference.

Message 20 of 37