Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey guys, 

As I'm sure your all aware we have a lot of people come to the O2 community looking for help and advice on various subjects ranging from major hardware faults to simple settings queries. In order to help people find the right answer to their question we mark the answer as the "Accepted Solution". This is then linked to the opening post so it can be found quickly. 

My question is do you think that "accepted solution" is the best way to mark the answer? Many other forums use a similar process but have different wording such as "Best Answer" or "Most helpful response" and we were curious as to what you guys think of "Accepted Solution" as a way of marking correct or helpful answers.

I would also like to hear your thoughts on "Kudos" as a way of liking posts? Do you think a simple Facebook style thumbs up would be better or is it fine as it is?

Please let me know what you think in the comments below and don't be afraid to think outside the box with alternative suggestions. Perhaps something tied in to O2's branding or wording on our main website.

Question 2.jpg

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147245 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions
If it ain't broke, it don't need fixing....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 37

Cleoriff
  • 124357 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

As long as it is a solution to the problem I think the wording 'Accepted Solution' is fine.

Kudos are ok as they are in my humble opinion....Even FB has developed the thumbs up..and now gives reactions. Not sure we want or need to go down that route...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 37

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the feedback guys! slight_smile

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 37

jonsie
  • 93346 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6986 Solutions

This is the O2 community not Facebook. Although we could have a dislike button.....and some proper emoticons. Kill the robots that no one uses!

Message 5 of 37

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23570 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3750 Solutions

Nothing to add to the previous comments except to say that I agree with what all three have said.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't need changing so why can't it just stay the way it is
Message 7 of 37

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Please, no thumbs up button.. I think kudos are universally accepted as liking a post, surely not many ppl don't understand it?

Accepted solution does what it says on the tin, and that doesn't need "improving" either.

The point about emoticons is a good one, as O2 already have moving one's and therefore are better than a lot of forums. So adding new ones to that should be pretty straightforward.
Message 8 of 37

Cleoriff
  • 124357 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

Talking about emoticons...these are rarely used (if ever) and could be removed?.

O2 emoticons.PNG

O2 emoticons 1.PNG

It would make space for new ones...gif run.gifCheers

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 37

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Agreed @Cleoriff...omg..the mentions are working! Surprised x