Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting phone number from o2 Business to o2 Personal

BusiGuy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi - had o2 Business for years but few months back bought a phone (from another company) that has an o2 Personal number. Both phones are iPhones if that matters.

Am now about to close o2 Business account as no longer have business - and want to move my old o2 Business number to my o2 Personal phone.

Obviously I don't want the changeover to be messed up - any tips on what to do, who to call?

Thanks

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148662 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28437 Solutions

@BusiGuy 

Guide here Guide: Migration & porting into O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148662 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28437 Solutions

@BusiGuy 

Guide here Guide: Migration & porting into O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 13

BusiGuy
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Confused - I never accepted this solution as it did not apply to my situation - so unsure as to who or what 'accepted' it.

The document refers to does not mention my situation at all i.e. transferring number FROM o2 Business to o2 Domestic or whatever it is called.

Cannot see any way to 'un-accept' here either.

Message 3 of 13

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7756 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1641 Solutions

OK. A quick search came up with this from one of the agents two years ago. I'm sure it still applies

Yes, it can be done. If your business contract has reached the end term then you need to take out a new consumer contract which you will get a temporary number with. Contact customer services and explain that you want to transfer your business number to your new consumer contract and they will ask for your current number and the new temporary number. Once the number has been moved over (normally 24hrs) then your business contract will terminate

So it is simply the same proceedure of migrating your number across as you would normally consumer to consumer

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 13

BusiGuy
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks! Shall do and come back to confirm once successful

Message 5 of 13

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7756 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1641 Solutions

Yes please

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 6 of 13

BusiGuy
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Updating as we go. Spoke to Personal (new account) and they were helpful but put me through to Business (older account). Latter guy was pleasant, said he needed to fill a form in, came back and said it should all transfer in 48-72 hours. Shall update again.

Message 7 of 13

BusiGuy
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Final update - the helpful guy I spoke to at Business must have done the transfer forms fine - at around 4pm today (so around 24hours later) I suddenly lost signal on my phone containing the Business SIM (the number I wanted transferred to my new Personal o2 account.  The SIM on the new Personal account phone also lost signal.

I turned both phones off and on and the new Personal account phone suddenly identified as having the number from my previous Business account (obviously meaning that what had been my new Personal number disappeared).

In short - it seems that the transfer of my old Business number to my new Personal o2 account went fine. Phew!

I'll only update further if there is some catastrophe with the billing (my o2 Business account is being closed with maybe payment for just 1 day usage being billed).

Thanks to Enlli who provided the Correct answer - though unsure as how to change the forum entry to reflect this (sorry!)

Message 8 of 13

BusiGuy
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

OK - a minor glitch... which may resolve itself eventually (but is still a glitch IMHO)

I logged into what had been my Business account and noted it said 'disconnected'. Probably due to the number previously used for that account now being moved to a different SIM, on my Personal account. I guess that in 1 month I shall get the tiny bill for my 1 day's use and - hopefully - the account will then close.

I then tried logging into my Personal account (different email address) which now has my previous Business number associated with this SIM.  Got in fine past the email & password bit but then suddenly got:

"Select an existing number as your contact number

(What is your contact number? - Your contact number is used to help access your account if you forget your sign in details.)"

I clicked on the 'Please choose...' drop-down and it showed just one number - the number I wanted i.e. the number that had previously been associated with my Business account and was now with my Personal account and SIM.

Chose it and got:

"Contact number already associated with another user"

i.e. the only way forward seems to be to find another mobile number (does it have to be o2?) and enter that instead.

I'm guessing this is because my Business account has disconnected the previous SIM but has kept my number going as a UserID? Maybe due to the final invoice not being billed yet??

Thanks for any info
"

Message 9 of 13

BusiGuy
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hope I didn't speak too soon...

Starting last night my phone started to get 'No SIM Card' installed messages. Generally if I rebooted the phone then it would show a 4G signal and I could send text messages. But then the signal indicator disappeared after maybe 10 minutes or so and the 'No SIM card' message would show. (and a message about not being signed in to iMessage)..

Just had it happen now and even rebooting does not sort.

To recap - this SIM is the SIM which was "07549 xxx xxx" (o2 Personal account) and in an iPhone 6s, which I then ported an o2 Business account phone number (07739 xxx xxx) to and moved to my iPhone 12 mini.

Had been working fine in that my iPhone 12 mini was showing as the 07739 ported number and phone calls and texting was fine.

Hopefully just a coincidence and to do with the network? What do you think?

A pain because the phone is rendered pretty unusable - have had to tell people they may not be able to phone/text me.

Message 10 of 13