Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting phone number from o2 Business to o2 Personal

BusiGuy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi - had o2 Business for years but few months back bought a phone (from another company) that has an o2 Personal number. Both phones are iPhones if that matters.

Am now about to close o2 Business account as no longer have business - and want to move my old o2 Business number to my o2 Personal phone.

Obviously I don't want the changeover to be messed up - any tips on what to do, who to call?

Thanks

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

BusiGuy
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Update - looks like it was a physical SIM issue - went to local o2 and met a very helpful o2 person who quickly changed the SIM and all been well last couple of days.

One thing - I mentioned the fact that I could not log into my (newer) Personal account and enter my ported number (from my soon-to-be-defunct Business account) as contact number as it said another user was using it.

From what the shop person said this was par for the course and a month needed to go by - if true maybe that does need sorting.

Message 11 of 13

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7805 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1643 Solutions

@BusiGuy Thanks for the mention

Let's hope all is well from there on.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 12 of 13

BusiGuy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

For good order adding anything else that happens along the way...

Today got 2 messages on my phone with the newly supplied Personal SIM and the ported number from Business:

a) "4G calls turned off - o2 has turned off 4G calls on your account"

b) "Last Line no longer available - do you want to cal using your remaining line?"

A bit alarming but (so far) it seems I can make and receive calls ok and both use the newly ported number (which used to be my Business number).

Message 13 of 13