Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMEI Barred INCORRECTLY

BigLee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Please help. I am trying to get a device working with Vodafone and going round in circles. I am having trouble using a vodafone business sim in a mobile device... The sim is fine as works OK in another handset. In fact the sim works fine in sim 1 slot of the handset I am using, however will not work in sim slot 2?? Just connects to Vodafone network and then I get a MM message saying Sim not allowed.
The IMEI of the device in Sim Slot 2 I want to use it with was barred by O2/Daisy Comms accidently, but they say they have lifted the barr, as confirmed by them Friday 07th August.
The handset is my personal one, bought outright and never reported lost or stolen. They have basically registered it in error. Reseller is Daisy and they say they O2 have lifted barr and indeed some of the online IMEI check tools say it is now clean. (It was blacklisted last week)
However some still report Blacklisted. 

If I use Vodafone sim in slot 1 and Virgin media sim in slot 2 everything works, but that is not how I want to use it. Daisy barring my IMEI has caused me hours if not days of grief. So it appears the replication of the barring Database hasnt filtered around perhaps? How long does it take? It is nearly a week.
So do I just have to wait? If so how long and can anyone from O2 confirm they only list in it one Barring database or do they have to do something differet to get Vodafone to realise the barr has been removed.

Appreciate any input anyone can give.  I obviously have the IMEI numbers of both sim slots if anyone has to check anything. 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12069 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
I would suggest sending a PM (Private Message) to @BigLee to get it rather than publishing it to the world @O2Jayne...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 11 of 18

BigLee
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @gmarkj for supporting my dilemma. 

I have provided the IMEI, sim number etc  to @O2Jayne  via Private message to see if they can check anything their end. 

Fingers crossed. 

Message 12 of 18

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey @BigLee just checking if this was sorted by now or are you still having trouble?

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 13 of 18

BigLee
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No I am still having trouble.  The IMEI is still showing as blacklisted on imei.info  for example and still wont connect to vodafone network.   My ex eployer is taking it up again with O2.. If there is anything anyone can check PM me for the IMEI...   Regards  Lee 

Message 14 of 18

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10162 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3010 Solutions

@BigLee

Did you run the check on checkmend?

As this is the definitive UK check for reasons why a device is barred, and can also be used as leverage against daisy and help your ex-employer, as well

edited : posted updated info

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 15 of 18

BigLee
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes I paid for report on checkmend - shows clean but caution. 

blacklist_report.jpg

Message 16 of 18

BigLee
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Reaching out to Vodafone now..... What a hassle... 

Message 17 of 18

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10162 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3010 Solutions

Hi @BigLee

That means that o2 and Daisy have removed the bars, as is would show in this report, as the caution just means be aware.

Good luck with Vodafone, the best bet is with the Forum CS reps as they are very responsive as is there CEO office 🙂

Let us know how you get on. 

edited to show additional text

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 18 of 18