cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'd like to let caller hear a message if I don't answer but not leave me a voicemail?

Clayton
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Basically I hate voicemail messages and often leave my phone in the office whilst working to avoid either distrurbance or damaging it.

Is there a way to play a message if I don't answer, such as " I'm not currently able to take calls. Can you please either text me or alternatively email on ********").

I can't be the only one who suffers a bit of phone phobia out there? Surely it is lazy to leave a voice message when a text or email can be more effective and manageable.

Many Thanks

Clayton

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Unfortunately there's no option to do that unless you select call alerts but you can't personalise a greeting then, you just get the network default.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Clayton 

You can record a personal greeting Guide: All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

Clayton
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks.

I get how I can change the actual greeting message, but how do I stop the caller from leaving a message. I get sick of people just phoning and saying "call me back". My mindset is, just text me what you want and then I can prepare a suitable answer, again probably by text.

Clayton

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Unfortunately there's no option to do that unless you select call alerts but you can't personalise a greeting then, you just get the network default.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10668 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hi @Clayton
I don't use voicemail very inconvenient for me. Anyway I suppose your personal message could say that you do not pick up voicemail and prefer callers to text. Thanks!
You could try that approach 🤔
Hope all goes well best wishes TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 5 of 9

Clayton
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

MI5

I all my years of having O2 mobiles I had never come across call alert which actually comes very close to what I need without the hassle of recording special messages etc.

Many thanks for your help.

Clayton

Message 6 of 9

Clayton
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks TallTrees

I did try that but people still left messages. The call alert suggested by MI5 seems a pretty good solution for my needs and has the benefit of automatically turning off voicemail. Bliss.

Clayton
Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Glad you are sorted mate.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10668 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hi @Clayton 

Very pleased you have found something that works for you.

Best wishes TallTrees!

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 9 of 9