cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you/do you listen to music while at work?

Anonymous
Not applicable

One of the most popular applications I'm asked to install for people at work is Spotify and occasionally I can put my desk phone on Do Not Disturb and work through stuff I don't have to talk to others about and I tend to put my iPod on (yes I still have one) and I find it improves my productivity.

What about you?

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
Like line of duty I have to admit.
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 11 of 20

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 12 of 20

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

When I was younger, the radio was ok providing it was on in the background without being too intrusive. But as the years progressed, the quality of music got worse so became annoying. Though fond memories of 90's dance tunes whilst working in the warehouse was "of the time" cool These days, I can't stand the office noise (especially air-con and other peoples "important" conference calls) so put on the earphones block out all the office noise. Either my own mp3 walkman set to auto shuffle or my current thing is leaving youtube on random (Well random based on my tastes!).

Message 13 of 20

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2200 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

We listen to music in the ambulance all the time. But as driver you are concentrated, so you won't listen really whats on there.

(I'm the teamleader, so originally I have to be the passenger. But with some collegues we swap and  can drive again sometimes too)

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 14 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ComaChameleon 

This sprung immediately to mind when reading your post, keep up your excellent work.

Message 15 of 20

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2200 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@ComaChameleon 

This sprung immediately to mind when reading your post, keep up your excellent work.

I love that song! 

Thanks, trying my best ^^

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 16 of 20

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25012 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I even remember the medium wave length, 199 Radio Caroline Dance

Thank you for the memory @jonsie Cheers . I used to listen to Radio Caroline when I started work in the enquiry office of a local bus company...

@TallTrees 

Woof woof Arnold was Tony Blackburn [originally a Caroline dj]. His Arnold the dog dates from his spell on another "pirate" station Radio London on 266m medium wave 1966-67.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 17 of 20

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Didn't know that. Where was radio London broadcast from?
@Mi-Amigo

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 18 of 20

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25012 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@TallTrees wrote:
Didn't know that. Where was radio London broadcast from?
@Mi-Amigo

@TallTrees 

Radio London [the offshore station] broadcast from the radioship mv Galaxy outside British territorial waters off the Thames Estuary in the North Sea, not far from the Radio Caroline ship mv Mi Amigo.

Radio London had some djs who later became famous - including John Peel, Kenny Everett and Tony Blackburn... 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 19 of 20

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Thanks for the explanation 😁

@Mi-Amigo 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 20 of 20