Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Business Customers

Level 9: Fired up

Can you/do you listen to music while at work?

One of the most popular applications I'm asked to install for people at work is Spotify and occasionally I can put my desk phone on Do Not Disturb and work through stuff I don't have to talk to others about and I tend to put my iPod on (yes I still have one) and I find it improves my productivity.

What about you?

Current tech used:
Nokia 5 on giffgaff, Core i7 9700F PC with Win 10 Pro. Apple Mac Mini late 2014 with Core i5 running 10.15
Home Internet Connection: Zen Internet Fibre To The Premises Full Fibre 1 38 Mbps Down/9 Mbps up,
I don't work for O2 but have an interest in networks (including mobile) and IT (which is how I earn my living)
Level 26: Upbeat

Re: Can you/do you listen to music while at work?

[ Edited ]

@techtamerI think there's lots of people listening to music at work. Whenever I get my tyres sorted music is playing somewhere. I hear "muzak" in stores etc apparently well known for good productivity. Builders love their radios too! Depending what work I am carrying out, I will listen to music or discussions.
Headphones if not wanting to disturb others. Exercise clubs use music to get rhythm. Music plays a huge part in life. ❤music

Topics: 548
Solutions: 3,428

My early working life was spent listening to Radio Caroline blasting out of an old school radio, the gray metal box type with a massive dial on the front. Brilliant and made working actually pleasurable, that's if you can get anything more pleasurable than repairing cars and lorries!

And @jonsie part of the joy was that very special screechy muddled sound of moving the tuner through all those stations from distant lands begging you to stop and listen on your way passed🤔

I even remember the medium wave length, 199 Radio Caroline Dance

Ah woof woof 🙃Arnold

Topics: 688

Unfortunately we weren't allowed to listen to music at work. Though we often sang this song at stressful times. LOL

*The Game Is On*

Level 5: Ponderer

I took an internet radio into work and it’s always on, and at home it’s Deezer. (Got loads of free codes last year, so I’m paid up til Sept 2020)
iPhone 6S Plus
EE 20gb sim only
Apple Watch Series 5

@OldFart wrote:
I took an internet radio into work and it’s always on, and at home it’s Deezer. (Got loads of free codes last year, so I’m paid up til Sept 2020)

Nice one. I have to say that I listen to the radio more and more these days due to the absolute dross on tv nowadays. It's dire!

Bring back Killing Eve and Peaky Blinders....

Topics: 688

@jonsieand Line Of Duty.

PS they are already working on series 6 of Peaky Blinders. (Well the script is written, need to get all the actors in one place.

By the way, I thought it was great they brought back Tom Hardy as Alfie Solomons. I love that bloke. kissing heart

*The Game Is On*