cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you/do you listen to music while at work?

Anonymous
Not applicable

One of the most popular applications I'm asked to install for people at work is Spotify and occasionally I can put my desk phone on Do Not Disturb and work through stuff I don't have to talk to others about and I tend to put my iPod on (yes I still have one) and I find it improves my productivity.

What about you?

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10669 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

@AnonymousI think there's lots of people listening to music at work. Whenever I get my tyres sorted music is playing somewhere. I hear "muzak" in stores etc apparently well known for good productivity. Builders love their radios too! Depending what work I am carrying out, I will listen to music or discussions.
Headphones if not wanting to disturb others. Exercise clubs use music to get rhythm. Music plays a huge part in life. ❤music

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 2 of 20

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

My early working life was spent listening to Radio Caroline blasting out of an old school radio, the gray metal box type with a massive dial on the front. Brilliant and made working actually pleasurable, that's if you can get anything more pleasurable than repairing cars and lorries!

Message 3 of 20

TallTrees
  • 10669 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
And @jonsie part of the joy was that very special screechy muddled sound of moving the tuner through all those stations from distant lands begging you to stop and listen on your way passed🤔

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4 of 20

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 5 of 20

TallTrees
  • 10669 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Ah woof woof 🙃Arnold

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 6 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122361 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Unfortunately we weren't allowed to listen to music at work. Though we often sang this song at stressful times. LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
I took an internet radio into work and it’s always on, and at home it’s Deezer. (Got loads of free codes last year, so I’m paid up til Sept 2020)
Message 8 of 20

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I took an internet radio into work and it’s always on, and at home it’s Deezer. (Got loads of free codes last year, so I’m paid up til Sept 2020)

Nice one. I have to say that I listen to the radio more and more these days due to the absolute dross on tv nowadays. It's dire!

Bring back Killing Eve and Peaky Blinders....

Message 9 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122361 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsieand Line Of Duty.

PS they are already working on series 6 of Peaky Blinders. (Well the script is written, need to get all the actors in one place.

By the way, I thought it was great they brought back Tom Hardy as Alfie Solomons. I love that bloke. kissing_heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 20