Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 NOT REPLYING TO HELP REQUEST

bashthedog
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been trying since 28 September to get 02 to sort out problem with i phone 5SE, now they won't even reply, CEO is ignoring signed for recorded delivery letters, problem is phone cannot send text messages, nor receive MMS from android phones. Just sends via e mail or I message, visited local store 4 times, other store as well , apple confirm phone is fine, works properly with 3 sim, but not 02 sim, had phone checked by independent store says the problem is 02 network and the particular phone number, can't transfer away because PAC code will not recognise number, so can't use phone or get bank payment caodes as they should come via text MMS

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6638 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1492 Solutions

So, if you put your SIM into another phone does it then send SMS? If it does then its not a SIM or network problem.

Have you also  tried a network reset on the iPhone.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 18

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23125 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@bashthedog I'm not quite sure why you should be receiving anything via MMS, as it's a really outdated method, but if that's the case, mobile data needs to be enabled on your phone. Is your mobile data turned on?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

If messages are being sent via email and imessage then there is a problem with the set up

Sign out of your Apple account and set the phone up again

Bank notifications come via text not mms

Message 4 of 18

bashthedog
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you

No the 02 sim does not work in another phone 02 have replaced sim 3 times, iphone has been completely stripped and rest at Apple store

Message 5 of 18

bashthedog
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you

Phone worked perfectly until 28 September, we send MMS from android phone, which is not connected to internet, to send pictures of customer problems, also the i phone cannot send text messages,as in above reply phone has been reset to factory settings by Apple, 02 chat hav ebeen useless , visited local store 4 times useless, another 02 store useless, eventually say don't know what the problem is other than the number on the 02 network

Message 6 of 18

bashthedog
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you, we have done all that, still not fixed and 02 staff say they don't know what the problem is other than the number on the network

Message 7 of 18

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10214 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3013 Solutions

@bashthedog 

What changed on the 28th September??

What iPhone is it? and how do you mean stripped do you mean factory reset??

Did the number in the iPhone get ported from another network at all?? Can the phone make and receive phone calls at all? can you use Mobile Data??

Have you followed these to be able to receive MMS?

1. Open the Control Center and turn on "Cellular Data" if it isn't already.
  2. Open "Settings" → "Messages" → toggle on "MMS Messaging" and "Group Messaging".
  3. If MMS isn't working, update your iPhone, reset your Network Settings, or contact your carrier.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 8 of 18

bashthedog
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for the reply, on 28 September I tried to MMS photos to the phone from my android phone, my phone showed 'message not set,service not activated  on the network'so I checked my android phone and cut a long story short it was fine, then contacted 02 and since then hav eon going saga wher the i phone has been cleared(stripped) an dreset to factory settings in an Apple store,nobody at 02 on line has been able to help, staff in 02 hav etried resetting all the 02 settings,and we are at a stage where nobody can tell us waht is wrong or fix it, we can get a PAC code to leave but can't be sure it will work as we have been told the problem is something to do with the 02 network and the particular number, been with 02 for number of years so no recent changes, been SIM only since May 23 when the i phone was bought from the Apple store, really disappointed in the lack of support from 02, even wrote to CEO but just ignored us.

Message 9 of 18

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5833 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@bashthedog 

You state that you have written to the CEO of O2 via recorded delivery, but it not clear to me whether you have actually gone through O2's formal complaints' process :-

How to Complain | Help | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf (o2.co.uk)

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

I suggest that you consider complaining and that you send a copy of your letter to the CEO as part of your submission. 

Message 10 of 18