Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 NOT REPLYING TO HELP REQUEST

bashthedog
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been trying since 28 September to get 02 to sort out problem with i phone 5SE, now they won't even reply, CEO is ignoring signed for recorded delivery letters, problem is phone cannot send text messages, nor receive MMS from android phones. Just sends via e mail or I message, visited local store 4 times, other store as well , apple confirm phone is fine, works properly with 3 sim, but not 02 sim, had phone checked by independent store says the problem is 02 network and the particular phone number, can't transfer away because PAC code will not recognise number, so can't use phone or get bank payment caodes as they should come via text MMS

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

bashthedog
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I submitted an on line complaint, and 24 hours later they shut it down and said case closed.

Message 11 of 18

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6437 Posts
  • 116 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@bashthedog 

I suggest that you ask them to reopen the complaint and to deal with it. 

Message 12 of 18

bashthedog
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Latest is that I have sent another letter to their Winchester address asking them to fix it by 30 November, should it not be fixed will be inviting Trading Standards for their opinion, and also talking to our business solicitor( it is a business phone,) with a view to breach of contract allowing us to leave without charge, although could mean adopting a new number, in which case will be looking for compensation from 02 as the number has been used by us and our customers for 30 years.Ideally we would just like the phone to work as it did until 28 September

Message 13 of 18

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10295 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3025 Solutions

That Winchester Address is not really the one for writing to the CEO or anyone really and you are relying on Royal Fail to deliver a letter!!! and its going to a PO BOX, so could be weeks before been scanned on to a system and replied to..

VMO2 head office is in Reading

o2 Head office is in Slough

So why not write to the CEO at those addresses!!!

Why not use email to thecomplaintreviewservice@o2.com as that will be quicker

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 14 of 18

bashthedog
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

First letter was sent to Slough address, signed for, Royal mail forwarded it to Reading address, second letter was sent signed for to Reading address, both have been ignored despite me having Royal Mail Track and Trace proof of delivery, so sent third letter to Winchester address. Previously tried the  email suggested and as I said the complaint was closed and shut down within 24 hours even though no action had been taken.

Message 15 of 18

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6437 Posts
  • 116 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@bashthedog 

You might want to consider involving Resolver as they have a reputation with the members of this community for facilitating satisfactory outcomes :-

How to Complain | Help | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

However, others have reported that Resolver have subsequently "spammed" them ; so you need to take that into consideration in reaching a decision.  

Message 16 of 18

bashthedog
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Update, still no response from 02, got Resolver involved via link provided by 02, within 5 minutes told 02 had replied, standard e mail telling me they would respond within 7 days , they haven't,spoke with solicitor today, advised write to 02 again, with copies of all correspondence, if no response issue claim in small claims court asking the court to order them to correct the problem with the phone, can't believe 02 are so inept.

Message 17 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145114 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions

@bashthedog wrote:

..........can't believe 02 are so inept.

We can.......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 18 of 18