cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6 and o2 Open discount code

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello All,

I have been given a 02 Open code from a friend, today I went into a o2 store to pre-order the iPhone 6 and was told the open code cannot be applied to iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus because o2 are delaying the open code discount for iphone 6 and iphone 6 plus handsets. Is this true??

I don't see that the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus is not mentioned in o2 open code discount terms and conditions - http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/o2-open-terms-and-conditions

Thank you,

Phone folk

Message 1 of 85
84 REPLIES 84

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146708 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions
Yes, it only applies to the tariff but they are excluding the iPhone contracts as a package...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 41 of 85

Cleoriff
  • 124127 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Yes, it only applies to the tariff but they are excluding the iPhone contracts as a package...

Isn't this for 6 months after purchase/into contract @MI5 ?...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 42 of 85

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

@Cleoriffit all depends on how O2 decide. It was around 3 months last year I think so no real timescale.

Message 43 of 85

Cleoriff
  • 124127 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@Cleoriffit all depends on how O2 decide. It was around 3 months last year I think so no real timescale.

I can't see why this 'block' should apply to the iPhone only...as if they are inferring there is some 'special' reason Rolleys

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 44 of 85

MI5
  • 146708 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions
They say it's until demand settles down, ie once they've made the most of the launch period from a profit perspective slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 45 of 85

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 always separate out the iPhone for most things. For instance if you are a user of top cashback or quidco you can get cashback on all phones except iPhone. Not all networks do this though.
Message 46 of 85

MI5
  • 146708 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions
I can see the logic of not discounting something in high demand but it sure does irritate some people.....
Message 47 of 85

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

As it would me but if it irrated me that much I would wait until they include it before upgrading....

Message 48 of 85

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what I was told and CS said it does apply. I will wait and see when the phone arrives now. The call was recorded and I will kick off so they will have to honour what I was told. I did clarify it and she said don't worry when you get the phone text open to 2022, there should be a record of the call and as far as I'm concerned they will have to honour it

Message 49 of 85

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

I hope all goes well with this and it would seem they have no alternative if the call was recorded....

Message 50 of 85