cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent help with Sim Card please!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been sent a new sim and transferred my number to it following the online instructions. However I have opened the packet to swap the sim cards over only to discover they have sent me a nano sim and I have a 3gs (which I clearly stated to them before they sent the new sim) which doesn't take nano sims! Before 11pm (the cut off time for online chat to o2 gurus) I contacted somebody but they didn't answer my question and then disconnected the chat. After that nobody else was available. I now have no working phone!! Is there any way to cancel the sim swap and transfer my number back to my old sim?!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

For some reason O2 only send out nano sims now.

The sim swap can't be reversed unfortunately so your best option would be to pop into your local O2 store and pick up a free sim adapter to use the nano sim or the correct sized sim and repeat the sim swap.

Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for such a quick reply. I had a bad feeling that was my only option which means I don't have a working phone until I get chance to go to the o2 shop! I'm furious that o2 didn't tell me I would need an adapter when I clearly told them what phone I had! I'm now paying for a new tariff that I can't even use!

Message 3 of 13

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

I had the same issue on Monday when I changed tariff. I have a Note 4 and they sent me out a nano sim. Fortunately I didn't need it as it was a simple upgrade but I can't fathom out why they now only send out nano sims. Many people have had the same problem on the community.

Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Always be wary of what you are told on the net about anything!
If you ring up, make sure the right points/questions etc are mentioned first!
Best advice go into the shop. Ring for an appt with a guru ( quick). Tell themeverything. Always ask for other options that might suit your needs/past usuage etc.
If you do online do as above. Print convo or send e-mail link. Remember the shops and 02 chat are seperate!!!
Shop or phone them-forget chat,they are c..p. handy for simple things, think though wink
Sorry they let you down. They never gave you as requested. Why stuck and not free or re-imbersed. Contact customer services and tell them. Formal complaint etc.
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
On 02's online pages it suggests they indeed to send out Nano Sims as jonsie suggests but they also say they send out Sim Card adapters with them.

It does make sense using nano sims incase a person changes phone models that take other sizes of SIM cards ,but they should at least carry out what they state on their own site.

Perhaps our Site Co-Ordinator @Anonymous can feed this back.
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies, there's definitely no sim adapter in there. I am careful what information I get online and save all transcripts -I asked every question I could think of and got all the information I needed apart from what size the sim would be, because it never occurred to me that they would send the wrong size sim!! Hoping to go to the o2 shop today. Really not impressed with o2. I was waiting for an important text to tell me what time to go into work tonight and now I can't receive any messages! Grrr!

Thanks all.

Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thought I'd check in with the live chat to see what they had to say before I go to the shop and I can no longer even get on the chat since the bloke disconnected it last night. I'm getting this message ' Chat key cookie does not match visitor chat key'. Can any of you wonderful people tell me what this means?! My experience with o2 is getting better and better....!!

Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Given the importance of this text, can you not put your sim in a spare phone if you have one just to get the text?

Failing that you will most likely have to phone your work and check your start time.
Message 9 of 13

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Definitely no adapter sent out with my sim either. Either they have changed policy or they have run out of adapters. Either way it shouldn't be happening. It doesn't take a lot of common sense to send out the right sim. In my own particular scenario the adviser knew I had the Note 4 as he even threw in a free accessory kit, yet I still received a nano sim. Hopefully @Toby or one of the other admin can feed this back.

Message 10 of 13