Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 15 Pro Max - strange behaviour can't explaino a

NetworkNorm
Level 3: Thinker
  • 64 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there, I recently upgraded to the iPhone 15 pro max and am seeing some very odd behaviour - I even had the first handset replaced but to no avail,

(I'm running dual SIM with one physical and one eSim) 

Issue 1 - data dropping out:

Handset 1

If I'm not connected to Wifi, I seem to lose data after about 30 minutes or so. I still have full signal bars on both networks and receive voice calls and SMS fine, but there's just no data (and no 3/4/5G shown next to the bars). If I switch to aeroplane mode, this resolves the issue temporarily for about half an hour.

I tried resetting network settings countless times and doing a full reset / reinstall on the phone and that didn't solve it. 

This was most notably an issue where I was travelling and moving between cell towers - not sure if this could be a red herring or whether the issue was in the handover between cells? 

Handset 2

Not quite same behaviour, in that my eSIM (bearing in mind this was a replacement SIM as well) is still dropping out data after about 15-30 minutes but my other SIM isn't. I've got mobile data switching enabled so I can still browse the web ok but interestingly, many apps won't function - until I switch airplane mode on and off and the eSIM (primary connection) reconnects to the network and everything works fine.

Issue 2 - phone suggesting diverts in place when they aren't

I have no diverts in place on either line, yet the phone is showing the call divert icon for my physical SIM line, yet I'm still receiving calls and texts on it with no problems at all.  If I dial #21# on the phone, it removes the icon for a while but then reappears later on. 

I'm totally baffled and really don't want to have to replace the handset yet again - any advice would be welcome! 

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

@NetworkNorm 

The data drop out is a known O2 issue and requires O2 to disconnect you and reconnect you to the network.

The call divert icon could be a divert to voicemail?

Guide: All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

@NetworkNorm 

The data drop out is a known O2 issue and requires O2 to disconnect you and reconnect you to the network.

The call divert icon could be a divert to voicemail?

Guide: All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

NetworkNorm
  • 64 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The call divert icon is against my physical SIM which is on EE. As soon as I do #21# it disappears, although calls still go to Voicemail etc.

Another strange issue, when the data drops out, any incoming calls show as "unknown" - as soon as turn airplane on and off, calls are presented with the number again. 

Message 3 of 7

NetworkNorm
  • 64 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry re the disconnect / re-connect, is this something that customer services will know about / know how to do if I call customer services? 

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

@NetworkNorm wrote:

Sorry re the disconnect / re-connect, is this something that customer services will know about / know how to do if I call customer services? 

@NetworkNorm 

I doubt they would have a clue these days.

You will need to get them to escalate it to the network support team.

No caller ID is also a current known issue which may need a CLI presentation bolt on adding if the reset doesn't fix it.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

NetworkNorm
  • 64 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

A big thank you for your advice, this has worked and solved the problem.

Bit of a nightmare getting it sorted though, first time I rang the advisor, as expected, wouldn’t do it. Instead they wanted me to try a load of stuff I’ve already done.

This morning I rang again and again the advisor was very reluctant to do what I asked but agreed to do it and hey presto - it worked. 

One thing that made it worse; O2s new IVR is bloody awful! Half the time it doesn’t recognise my voice and then just repeats loads of stuff.. 

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

You're welcome @NetworkNorm 

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7