cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange behaviour with new Galaxy J5 2016 and voicemail which has a mind of it's own?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have bought a new Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 'phone. I have an account with O2. Never the 'twain shall meet!

There are constant Voicemail notifications coming on to the device. I have followed the instructions to disable Voicemail thro' O2, but still the silly messages appear.

How do I stop this happening? I obviously want to know if there is a message left on Voicemail, but I do not want to have continual notification of the message and have no way of deleting it?

I have been on the 1706 number and disabled it and still the message appears and the icon on top left of screen is there. I have switched the thing off and started again and still it appears, the only option left appears to be to throw it against the wall!!

At one stage it was asking me for a number to put in to the system, obviously, erroneously, I keyed in the phone number, now I get voicemail messages from me!!

Any help would be appreciated. It sems to me to be a problem inherent in the O2 system, but what do I know!!

Thanks

Tony V

Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I called in to the O2 store this morning and spoke to one of the assistants. Explained the problem to him and asked that he transfer the Contacts from my old 'phone to the new one.

He tried all the same procedures that I tried yesterday from 901, 1760 and 1750 all to no avail. He then said he didn't know what else to do and would transfer the Contacts across!

This he did and in so doing, he took the battery out the new 'phone and then removed the SIM card so that he could put it in to the old 'phone and copy the details across. He did this then transeferred the SIM card back to the new 'phone and installed the battery. Closed the device up and switched on. The problem was now resolved! I said to him perhaps that is the answer to this annoying problem of constant reminders of Voicemail coming up when there are no Voicemails there.

So, switch off, remove battery, remove SIM card, install SIM card, install battery, close device and switch on! Seems a good ploy to me and it now works. I am not sure whether the copying exercise had any effect, but It is now fine!!

Cheers

altv.

View solution in original post

Message 16 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Presumably you have dialled 901 and listened to and deleted any voucemails? 

Switch voice mail back on by dialling 1750, call your number from another phone and leave yourself a voicemail. Listen to it and delete it and see if that removes the icon. 

Message 2 of 18

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Voicemail help here too https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/All-you-need-to-know-about-O2-Voicemail-901/m-...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jonsie

I have done all sorts of things with the wretched machine. I have eventually gone into Voicemail via 901 and deleted the messages that were there. I haven't been back in via 1750 to switch the Voicemail system back on again. Presumably I shall have to do this if and when I decide the time is right and the icon on TLS of screen has gone away. At the moment it is still there and there are no Voicemail messages held where ever they are held!!

What next?

Thanks

altv

Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just been back in to VM and am told that there are no messages and no saved messages. I have also dialed 1750 to switch VM back on. But still the icon is TLS and still the silly notification is showing! As I said earlier, it has a mind of it's own and it only started happening this afternoon.

altv

Message 5 of 18

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Have you tried rebooting the phone (turning off and back on again)?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 18

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Leave yourself a new voicemail from another phone then dial 901 and delete.
Message 7 of 18

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 8 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

MI5

Yes many times!! All with absolutely no advantage. 

altv

Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jonsie

Done that as well but still no luck. There is still one apparent Voicemail awaiting me. But there is no one at home!!

altv

Message 10 of 18