cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Getting Calls From Some Friends (not ALL)on Vodafone - They Get Unreachable Tone When Calling Me

Charliebh
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Not Getting Calls From Some Friends (not ALL)on Vodafone - They Get Unreachable Tone When Calling Me

This is quite maddening - I have tried loads of routes - raised it with O2 etc - still its not solved.

My Sister, my best friend Ollie...my old mate Jemma (and others - often its a tradesman or someome who has bought sometning from me on gum tree or similar!) can't call me - they just get a beep beep then disconnect when they try.

They CAN call me on facetime- wasapp call etc. They can text me too - but calls just dont get through.  I am 90% sure it only happens with Vodafone (but not ALL vodafone friends have the same problem - some Vodafone customers can call me!).

I have looked at blocked numbers - i just turned off my Wifi calling in case that makes a difference.

I ported my number from Vodafone and wonder if thats the problem somewhere?!

Ive tied everything except asking you guys!

Any help or ideas will be welcomed joyfully.

Many thanks

Charlie B

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Charliebh 

Possibly something did not port over fully so I'd get back into customer service and ask them to escalate to the tech team.

That may need voda to resend the porting files to try it again. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Charliebh 

Possibly something did not port over fully so I'd get back into customer service and ask them to escalate to the tech team.

That may need voda to resend the porting files to try it again. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Charliebh ,

How are you getting on with this today, did you manage to get anyone from customer service to help you out?

Message 3 of 8

Charliebh
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
thanks a million - ill try mention that to them again!
Message 4 of 8

Charliebh
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Dear Marjo and Everyone who helped. Ive not really got the hang of these forums - how to reply to you all and say thanks.

Just to say - yes - Vodafone had been careless (again) and not given all the files to port my number across to O2.

So you guys had is spot on. At last - my sister and my mate Olly and bags of others can now call me again!

I had tried so hard prevoulsy  - but this bit of extra knowledge from you guys meant they were able to focus in the right area and solve it all,

Happy days

Thanks all!

Charlie 

Message 5 of 8

Charliebh
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Dear Marjo @MI5  who helped. Ive not really got the hang of these forums - how to reply to you all and say thanks.

Just to say - yes - Vodafone had been careless (again) and not given all the files to port my number across to O2.

So you guys had is spot on. At last - my sister and my mate Olly and bags of others can now call me again!

I had tried so hard prevoulsy  - but this bit of extra knowledge from you guys meant they were able to focus in the right area and solve it all,

Happy days

Thanks all!

Charlie 

Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
That's good news and thanks for letting us know.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Great news @Charliebh and thanks for coming back to let us know.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 8 of 8