Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 106 with cellular activation of Apple Watch Ultra

Sharpy_G
Level 1: Joiner
  • 17 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just ported my number to O2 from Tesco so I can also use my new Apple Watch Ultra

but all I get is Error 106 during activation 

Can anyone assist please ?

cheers 

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

Sharpy_G
  • 17 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes, Sarah escalated it quickly

but up to 5 days for an answer, by then I could be trapped in a contract where I can’t use the thing I moved for in the first place. Not ideal. 

Message 11 of 35

Sharpy_G
  • 17 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Even went into an O2 store today

they said they’ve seen it all before but can’t even log in to the system with my number in store. Suggestion is that phone data plan is setup as Android and not IPhone 

who knows eh ? 

Message 12 of 35

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

It's certainly possible @Sharpy_G but you'd think that would be easy to check?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 13 of 35

Sharpy_G
  • 17 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

you would think so right ? but they appear to be avoiding that question LOL

Message 14 of 35

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

Standard these days....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 15 of 35

Buz52
  • 15 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

If you’re still able to leave, I would do. I escalated to complaints dept due to lack of timely support. Complaint was upheld and got several months bill credit, but still no resolution. They can’t or won’t explain what the issue is. They send out an automated text stating ongoing investigation that tech support are looking into it every few days. Also say it is affecting multiple customers. 

Message 16 of 35

JustMeJHN
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Sharpy_G, Did you manage to get this problem resolved? I have done exactly the same as you moved from Tesco to O2 so I can use my Apple Watch on Cellular and after many talks with customer service on line and phone no further forward. Grateful if you can give me an update if you get a chance as I am still in my cool-off period and I will jump over to someone else to get the service I require. Thanks John.

Message 17 of 35

Sharpy_G
  • 17 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

🤣🤣🤣 no, 13 days with O2 and spent some of every day so far trying to get to someone who actually knows what they are doing with these 

Message 18 of 35

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12147 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1129 Solutions

I'll mention @O2Sarah- again to see if she can nudge whoever she asked about this before @Sharpy_G , and ask that she contact you @JustMeJHN to see if she can help you...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 19 of 35

JustMeJHN
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @gmarkj. Seems like this is a real pain, I've now been trying to resolve it for over a week and still no further forward. Any insight would be great!

Message 20 of 35