Did you mean: 

Broken iphone 7 home button

Anon03
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

i found my i phone 7 home button had a tiny crack on it right at the edge which rendered the button inoperable and has started to get hot to the touch for no reason. i have sent this off for reapir through o2 and i believe this should be covered by warranty ( i have had the device for less then 8 months ) is this the case? if not does anyone know an inidcative cost for reapir ?

thanks

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Hi @Anon03

Yes, the warranty on O2 iPhones is 12 months. So if you've had your phone for less than 8 months it's still under warranty.

Hope your phone gets sorted soon and welcome to the forum Welcome

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 2 of 11

Anon03
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

thanks for the welcome slight_smile

just concerned as the o2 website says any physical damage is not covered by warranty, but i hadnt dropped the device and it is in impeccable condition not a scratch on it ! ( even for 8 months old haha ) so reading that caused a red a flag! thanks for replying .. fingers crossed

Message 3 of 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93174 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

The problem you might have is that the repair centre may try to say it's used and will quote you for a repair.

The best course of action in every case of an ios device issue is to take it to your nearest Apple 🍎store no matter the distance or inconvenience if the device is still under warranty.

Message 4 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Apple every time. No matter the charge they will do the very best job and probably have it sorted within a few hours @Anon03

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 11

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @Anon03, and welcome to the forum! Wave I'm sorry to hear about your phone, please do let us know how the repair process is going!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 11

Anon03
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi 

i did take to Apple intially but they suggested i go through o2 first as i dont have a apple store near me( even working in central London ) and they said i would have to pay much higher charge and still lose my phone for a week as they sent for repair and assesment. as i use my phone for work i couldnt afford to lose it for too long 😞 i still havnt heard anything from O2 and im getting concerned they are going to screw me over, the phone is in pristine condition and as it was not noted as repurposed and i am paying for a brand new one, hence why im sure it should be covered under warranty. dont know why i switch form samaung which i had had for years ! first and last i phone ! 

has anyone had a home button replaced before and can give me an idea of how much they were charged so i can start saving haha ! 

thank you all for your advice it is turly apprciated. 

Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 144152 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
If Apple are saying you need to pay, O2 will for sure.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 11

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Anon03 wrote:

Hi 

i did take to Apple intially but they suggested i go through o2 first as i dont have a apple store near me( even working in central London ) and they said i would have to pay much higher charge and still lose my phone for a week as they sent for repair and assesment. as i use my phone for work i couldnt afford to lose it for too long 😞 i still havnt heard anything from O2 and im getting concerned they are going to screw me over, the phone is in pristine condition and as it was not noted as repurposed and i am paying for a brand new one, hence why im sure it should be covered under warranty. dont know why i switch form samaung which i had had for years ! first and last i phone ! 

has anyone had a home button replaced before and can give me an idea of how much they were charged so i can start saving haha ! 

thank you all for your advice it is turly apprciated. 

Sorry, can't help you with the cost of replacing a home button @Anon03, never had an iPhone always had, and have, android phones. I hope it won't be too dear. Maybe your home insurance would cover it, if your phone is included under the cover. I added mine for just such an eventuality which has not been needed, yet

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 9 of 11

Anon03
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

after a LOT of to and fro ing with O2 to send them my phone,  lots ofnot sending me the packaing to send back, having to explainmyslef ten thousand times over and over,not being advised as to the result of a reapir inspection etc etc , in short unsatisfactory service - they now tell me that due ot the damge it voids the warranty, despite the phoe not having a mark upon it! not an exaggeration to say its like new. i had to confirm that i had not dropped the device or simiair which i was happy to do as i genuinaly havnt. the result of all this headache is they want to charge me £260 for a reconditioned replacement device! RECONDITIONED !! RECONDITIONED! i only got the phone in april of this year brand new and now i have to pay for the privalge of an old one! it only needs a replacement home button. am i mad for thinking this sounds extreme?!

wish i had stuck with Samsung and never goen over to Apple. you live and learn ! 

Message 10 of 11