Did you mean: 

Apple watch mobile data stuck in activating

pristmarks
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I got an apple watch se 2nd gen on Tuesday directly from apple and paired it with my phone and O2 account. I chose the only airtime plan option available for me, that was a £5 monthly plan and every since the mobile data is stuck in O2 activating. No one has any idea what’s going on, some said that it’s because I don’t have an active apple watch airtime plan and when they try getting me one they can’t as it is already activating to one. Some said that it could be normal to take several days to connect and finally I was told there was actually an issue and that they raised a ticket and that they will get back in contact in 5-10 days. I feel it’s really frustrating as I didn’t find similar issues happening with other network providers and the fact they have no idea what’s going on when I read on another post tons of people having the same issue. Luckily I only have 2 months left on my contract so I wouldn’t loose much to just end it now. 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35984 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

@pristmarks - keep a watch here for a message from @O2Sarah- after 8am on Monday, she may be able to help you out. Good luck!

Message 2 of 16

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @pgn 

@pristmarks I will send you a private message so we can look into this. 

Message 3 of 16

JMF2
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have the exact same problem. My watch arrived on Tuesday and it’s also stuck on activating. The customer service is atrocious. I was told I needed to wait 24 hours initially and now 72… 

Message 4 of 16

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12073 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

The community advisors seem to have a lot of success with getting watches working @JMF2 , so let's see if they can help.

Can you see if you can fix this one please @O2Sarah- ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 16

JMF2
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well I have to wait 5+ days to speak with someone. There are literally hundreds of messages online about this problem so o2 is clearly aware of the issue and I don’t think it’s reasonable to ask customers to wait weeks to get full functionality of their watch. So disappointed - I’m definitely going to explore moving to a different provider. 

Message 6 of 16

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35984 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

@JMF2 wrote:

Well I have to wait 5+ days to speak with someone. There are literally hundreds of messages online about this problem so o2 is clearly aware of the issue and I don’t think it’s reasonable to ask customers to wait weeks to get full functionality of their watch. So disappointed - I’m definitely going to explore moving to a different provider. 

How to complain: https://www.resolver.co.uk/companies/o2-complaints?territory_id=5

And Guide: Cancelling Your Contract if you need them, @JMF2 - meantime, have you had any help from any of the O2 Advisors here on the Forum about your issue?

Message 7 of 16

JMF2
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes @O2Sarah- tried to fix it but was unable to so I now have to wait 5 days and potentially more to speak with a technician (this is after a week of trying to get the problem resolved already). Thanks for this link @pgn 

Message 8 of 16

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10192 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@JMF2 

I would also complain to Apple as if the rumours are correct one of their Software Updates has borked activations, then they are culpable as much as o2. 

it might be worth also checking the likes of macrumors.com and other apple forums..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 9 of 16

pristmarks
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Same with me. 
Nothing is being done. 
Even got a new SIM card and managed to set up the idata plan again however it stayed on activating for days again. I reset and removed all data plans from my apple watch and now stuck in error code 08. 

Message 10 of 16