Did you mean: 

Apple watch mobile data stuck in activating

pristmarks
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I got an apple watch se 2nd gen on Tuesday directly from apple and paired it with my phone and O2 account. I chose the only airtime plan option available for me, that was a £5 monthly plan and every since the mobile data is stuck in O2 activating. No one has any idea what’s going on, some said that it’s because I don’t have an active apple watch airtime plan and when they try getting me one they can’t as it is already activating to one. Some said that it could be normal to take several days to connect and finally I was told there was actually an issue and that they raised a ticket and that they will get back in contact in 5-10 days. I feel it’s really frustrating as I didn’t find similar issues happening with other network providers and the fact they have no idea what’s going on when I read on another post tons of people having the same issue. Luckily I only have 2 months left on my contract so I wouldn’t loose much to just end it now. 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

pristmarks
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

3 weeks tomorrow and still no access to data on my watch! 
This week I’ll be looking into getting a new provider

Message 11 of 16

Vostick
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am having the same issue and am at a loss how to solve. I have seen that @O2Sarah- often helps?

Message 12 of 16

Vostick
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Sarah- are you able to advise what I should do to resolve this? Many thanks 

Message 13 of 16

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36366 Posts
  • 233 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

Hi @Vostick - the forum advisors, of which O2Sarah- was one, were disbanded as a service a while back now - hence "Former Staff":

1000006011.png

You will have to persist with CS via phone, 202 from your O2 Contract mobile, or via Social Media using the link just below this post, or...

Take phone, watch and photo-id into an O2 Shop and get them to check out things on the O2 side for you. Good luck!

Message 14 of 16

Vostick
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks - from my attempts so far online/twitter I think I will end up cancelling and going somewhere else. 

Message 15 of 16

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36366 Posts
  • 233 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

@Vostick wrote:

Thanks - from my attempts so far online/twitter I think I will end up cancelling and going somewhere else. 

14-day cancel:  https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/returning-your-device

Otherwise, info here: Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Good luck, @Vostick.

Message 16 of 16