Did you mean: 

Some advice re new iPhone!

Coney1982
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello! 

Right… I had an iPhone 14 plus and it worked fine. Went into the 02 store and swapped it for an iPhone 14 pro.  Came home and did the necessary to get the phone swapped over… works fine on Wi-Fi but when I leave Wi-Fi I can’t access any banking apps, I can’t access Apple Music, Apple Store or Netflix. I keep getting an SSL can’t get a secure connection error. Pics won’t download on WhatsApp and my number is withheld even though I haven’t set it to withheld. Been back to the 02 store and they have sent further network settings to the phone which say will take 24 hours. The sim has been replaced and so far there is no success. Do new network settings really take up to 24 hours to refresh?  The chaps in the 02 store refuse to accept that the phone may be faulty and keep saying it’s a network issue.  

Message 1 of 21
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 124293 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@Coney1982 

I'll tag @O2Sarah- to this post. Hopefully she will be able to help.

Previous post HERE 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10679 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3100 Solutions

@Coney1982 

Yes network setting refreshes can take upto 24hours. 

SSL errors are down to the provider of the service, and not the phone.
Make sure the APN is set to mobile.o2.co.uk in the Mobile Data Settings. 
Have you done all the latest software updates?

Check the Phone settings to check if its picked up the withhold numbers on all calls.

It also might be worth speaking to Apple direct at Apples Support Pages. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147088 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28289 Solutions

@Coney1982 

The correct apn is idata.o2.co.uk 

Resetting your network settings should load that automatically for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 21

Coney1982
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The 24 hour period I’ve been asked to wait is fast approaching and I’ve still no access to any apps or data whilst on 4G. The phone won’t refresh any apps so I’m looking at posts 10 hours old on social

media. Banking apps don’t work, Netflix doesn’t work nor can I download any pictures from WhatsApp. All I’ve done is a simple switch up from one iPhone to another. There is obviously something wrong with my account, network or phone but getting it sorted is causing an issue. No one at 02 will do anything until the 24 hours have passed. Let’s be honest it’s extremely unlikely my phone is going to magically fix itself in the next 2 hours when it hasn’t done in the previous 22! Do I take the phone back to store and demand a new one? Is it a network issue? Who knows? Anyone had any issues with this before? 

Message 4 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 124293 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@Coney1982 

I'll tag @O2Sarah- to this post. Hopefully she will be able to help.

Previous post HERE 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 21

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Cleoriff  😊

@Coney1982 I will send you a private message so we can check your account. 

Message 6 of 21

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124293 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

Thanks @O2Sarah-  x

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 21

Coney1982
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks! Not received the message yet! 

Message 8 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 124293 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@O2Sarah-?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 21

Coney1982
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Have posted previously but in short… 

Upgraded to a new iPhone from an iPhone. The day I entered the store I had data working. I leave the store, returned home and after the new phone is installed I get no data but my signal is showing 5g. Apps just won’t load and come up with error messages. Apple Music won’t load, the App Store won’t load, banking apps won’t load. All I get is an SSL connection error.

So far 3 SIM cards have been swapped and it’s the same problem. A working SIM card has been put in my iPhone and it’s works fine. My phone also works fine when connected to Wi-Fi. As soon as it hits 4G/5G I get the same SSL connection error.  I put my SIM card in another phone and it doesn’t work. I put a working 02 sim in my new phone and it works. 

network settings, factory settings, different iCloud back ups have been completed and still nothing. Customer services have gone through my account with a fine tooth comb and they can’t see what the problem is. 

The staff at the store have tried everything and they can’t get it to work. Customer services after maybe 7 calls have now escalated it to the technicians with a 5 day turnaround! 

Anyone have any suggestions? All I keep hearing from 02 is “I don’t know how to fix this.” 

Message 10 of 21