Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple watch Series 4 data

Spuddsy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I recently bought an apple watch series 4 (cellular) and went through the proces of pairring and setting up and went on to activate the data plan in the settings, and now its just stuck on 'Activating' with a spinning wheel type thing.

I've tried turning both on and off, turning wifi off on both, and to no avail. I just want this to be resolved, any help would be great thanks

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Spuddsy 

You need to call customer service http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus but occasionally it may take a while to activate. 

Dis you set it up from the watch itself?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 14

Spuddsy
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

You have to set it up on the apple watch app, its been a few days. 

I'll give them a call 

Message 3 of 14

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @Spuddsy, and congratulations on your new iWatch! 

It'd be great to hear how you're getting on with this - did you get a chance to check in with Customer Service yet?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 14

Spuddsy
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Kinda, but not really.

He told me to reset the watch, which I did yesterday that did change something, it no longer got stuck on 'activating' but I've still got no confirmation from O2 that its been activated, and also still don't have a plan visible on the watch. 

Which I know is not normal because it doesn't/shouldn't take that long to do.

I may end up returning it, it seems unless it gets resolved

Message 5 of 14

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Spuddsy Thanks for the update! If you'd like I can get someone on my end to look into it for you as well, I'll just need a few more details first so I'll send you a Private Message shortly slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 6 of 14

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Spuddsy I've just heard from the gurus that you should be all sorted now - if you need any further help, do let us know slight_smile

signature

Message 7 of 14

ByTor
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm having this problem too. My data plan on the phone is showing "O2 Activating" endlessly with no plan showing on the watch. Can you help?

Artist, photographer, writer, director, actor, geek & former IT support.
Message 8 of 14

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@ByTor wrote:

I'm having this problem too. My data plan on the phone is showing "O2 Activating" endlessly with no plan showing on the watch. Can you help?

I can certainly get someone to look into it for you - I'll just need a few more details first so I'll send you a Prviate Message shortly @ByTor slight_smile

signature

Message 9 of 14

JonT
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

Similar problem for me - 

had the spinning activation for 24hrs that has now switched to the helpful "oops something went wrong - code 57"

Several phone calls, no joy

2 days in, still no data 😞

Jon

Message 10 of 14