cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

suspected phone con

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just been biled by 02 for allegedly making a phone call to tel no 08712770709. for at least 2 hours 53 minutes and was charged £35.00. From what I remember I never made a phone call to this number. Is  there somebody who has had a similar experience? I have just looked in google and it appears some people have had this problem. Please if anybody in the community has had this problem do share with me because I suspect there is a con.

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you spoken to O2 customer services yet ?

o2 Customer Services Link http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

If so what have they advised.

Edit http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/Number-Checker/Check-a-Number-Results.aspx

Check a Number - Result
PhonepayPlus has the following information about number:

Customer care number: 0844 338 8300
Customer care email: customerservice@edreams.com
Search result provided by: Vacaciones eDreams, SL
Service connected on: 01 August 2014
Service terminated on: This service is still operating
Name of service: ED home
Type of service: Information
Service description: Edreams.co.uk phone number
How much does this service cost? Service offered by "VACACIONES EDREAMS" Calls cost 10p per minute from BT landlines (inc. VAT). Other networks may vary. Calls from Mobiles may cost up to 40p per minute or more. Maximum time of communication: 19 min. The end-user should be the one who pays the bill or should have received a prior authorization before from the person who will pay the bill All calls are recorded. All details of the calls will appear in the phone bill. P.O. Box 50285 EC3P 3WY. Helpdesk Number: 0844 338 8300
If you would like to find out more about this service or have a question about it then you should contact Vacaciones eDreams, SL
601 World Trade Center N, PL6
barcelona
If you want to log a complaint to PhonepayPlus online please click here. Alternatively, you can call our helpline on 0800 500 212 (Mon-Fri, 0900-1700).
Message 2 of 42

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149328 Posts
  • 666 Topics
  • 28494 Solutions
Vacaciones eDreams, S.L., an e-commerce travel company, which helps customers to plan and book their holiday packages, flights, hotels, and car rentals online. The company also offers online marketing and advertising services to other businesses. It serves customers in English speaking markets in Spain and internationally. The company was incorporated in 1999 and is headquartered in Barcelona, Spain. Vacaciones eDreams, S.L. operates as a subsidiary of eDreams Inc.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 125924 Posts
  • 870 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Vacaciones eDreams, S.L., an e-commerce travel company, which helps customers to plan and book their holiday packages, flights, hotels, and car rentals online. The company also offers online marketing and advertising services to other businesses. It serves customers in English speaking markets in Spain and internationally. The company was incorporated in 1999 and is headquartered in Barcelona, Spain. Vacaciones eDreams, S.L. operates as a subsidiary of eDreams Inc.

How on earth could a customer get a bill like this if they deny ringing this company @MI5 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
The OP isn't certain they didn't call the number. If they are on contract I would recommend they check in myo2 to ascertain if they made the call or not
Message 5 of 42

MI5
  • 149328 Posts
  • 666 Topics
  • 28494 Solutions
and a check of the phones call logs too in case someone else made the call without the owners knowledge.
Automated billing systems are rarely wrong.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 125924 Posts
  • 870 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
and a check of the phones call logs too in case someone else made the call without the owners knowledge.
Automated billing systems are rarely wrong.....

When I read the first post it does look like a number the OP may have phoned if they are checking out flights or holidays etc. This is why I asked the question really... They say they 'can't remember ringing it' That doesn't mean they didn't.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 42

MI5
  • 149328 Posts
  • 666 Topics
  • 28494 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:
They say they 'can't remember ringing it' That doesn't mean they didn't.....

Absolutely wink

Message 8 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have spoken to O2 about it and they have set the investigation in the pipeline. All I can now remember is that I wanted to book a flight online and Edreams appeared to be very attractive. I subsequently registered with them online giving details of my mobile number and address to which they responded online suggesting that I could have reservations for my booking. There was no telephone conversation with them . So quite how I raked 2 hrs and 53 minutes for which I was charged over £35.00 beats me

Message 9 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 125924 Posts
  • 870 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I have spoken to O2 about it and they have set the investigation in the pipeline. All I can now remember is that I wanted to book a flight online and Edreams appeared to be very attractive. I subsequently registered with them online giving details of my mobile number and address to which they responded online suggesting that I could have reservations for my booking. There was no telephone conversation with them . So quite how I raked 2 hrs and 53 minutes for which I was charged over £35.00 beats me

That is very much a worry then....:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 42