Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xperia Z Android 4.4.4

AlignedChaos
Level 9: Fired up
  • 77 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 14 Solutions
Sony have announced this will be happening in the next few weeks and that it will fix the chronic issues with battery life that have been present since the 4.4.2 update.

Does anyone with an inside line to O2 know when we will actually be getting it?
Having to recharge three times per day without actually using the phone is a little frustrating.....
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
That's wise - I usually wait to see if I have to or not - So far so good with my Z1 but the SP is a different story - I can't remember how many times I've reset that one slight_smile
ps It was announced by Sony on the 10th that sim free devices would start to receive the update "within the next few days" so anytime after the weekend at a guess......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Has anyone in the UK had the 4.4.4 update for their O2 Xperia Z C6603? I keep reading on other forums that people have but every time I connect with PC companion it says my phone is up to date!

I need to get the battery problem sorted as it is so frustrating, as is knowing there is an update but being unable to download it.

Thanks for any input.

Neil

Message 22 of 30

Topcat
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 37 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've had it for a couple of weeks and it does seem to have sorted the battery issue.
Standard O2 xperia Z .
Message 23 of 30

Sammy_boy
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 171 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I got tired of waiting for the update on my Z and traded it in for an HTC one M7.
Pk - is it a sim free or O2 Z you've got? From what I can gather the sim free update won't be released till all the networks have authorised it, someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Message 24 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's an O2 Xperia Z as far as I am concerned.

Will do some more digging, just odd that other people seem to have had the upgrade and not me 😞

Message 25 of 30

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

It's an O2 Xperia Z as far as I am concerned.

If it's from CPW it may not be - The software number will confirm.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 26 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi again,

It was purchased from Tesco's I had assumed it was all O2 but could have been a O2 contract sim and unlocked phone?

It is currently running 4.4.2  Build Number 10.5.A.0.230 if that helps explain things?

Thanks again.

Message 27 of 30

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

It is currently running 4.4.2  Build Number 10.5.A.0.230 if that helps explain things?

Hi

That is generic, unbranded 4.4.2 firmware.

Currently using:
Message 28 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
OK that makes sense then, thanks
Message 29 of 30

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No problem mate - Shouldn't be too long now....

Currently using:
Message 30 of 30