Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Calling - Coming soon to Huawei P20 & P20 Pro

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

And no, that's not some cruel joke... It's happening. It's on the way. And it's right around the corner.

tenor.gif

The over-the-air update is due to start tomorrow. Huawei will be releasing this update g-r-a-d-u-a-l-l-y, with more devices added next week, before opening the update to everyone at the end of the month. So if you don't see it available straight away, don't worry - you should get it soon.

We know many of you with P20's or P20 Pro's have been patiently awaiting this update for a long time and we want to apologise for that. Unfortunately, implementing Wifi Calling on supported devices is often not an easy, straight-forward or fast process. Sometimes it's straight forward enough that we can implement the functionality before we even start selling a device, and sometimes, it's not that easy. We've been working closely with Huawei on this for many, many, many months and we're finally there... Thanks for sticking with us!

For our P30 series customers... Due to the complexities of implementing our Wifi Calling, our immediate focus was on the P20 devices. In theory however, finally getting it out for the P20's may make the process easier, but as soon as there's more to share, we will.

Interested in how O2 handles software updates? Click here for more.
Interested in how O2 handles Wifi Calling updates? Click here for more.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 58
57 REPLIES 57

ZP
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Still nothing. 😢
Message 21 of 58

TheChef
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Me too.

Very disappointing to get the big announcement in July and 4 months on nothing has changed!
Message 22 of 58

JimBobFlobbaDob
  • 10 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
What about VoLTE aswell?
Message 23 of 58

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
VoLTE and WiFi calling come together as a package.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 24 of 58

JimBobFlobbaDob
  • 10 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
That's a good point still doesn't fix the fact o2 are slower than a local councils roadworks
Message 25 of 58

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Agreed, but just pointing out that when you get one, you'll get the other.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 26 of 58

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Whats annoying is they have done it now on the Mate 20 X 5G, so surely most Huawei phones run the same to the network, so if its on there surely it can be added for the P20, P20 pro, Mate 20 Pro, P30 and P30 Pro

@Chris_K is there any updates at all for these phones?
Message 27 of 58

JimBobFlobbaDob
  • 10 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
All lodge complaints to o2 about this to the official complaints channel if enough users do so we will have the ability to force them to resolve it.
Message 28 of 58

TheChef
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Which channel?

We have been complaining about this for years. Volte isn't a new technology, it was working on my Huawei P10 on Vodafone and EE back in 2017. It's an internationally agreed standard so I'm not sure why o2 can't seem to implement for all devices. Or more likely they are choosing it to implement for all devices.
Message 29 of 58

JimBobFlobbaDob
  • 10 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
complaintreviewservice@o2.com
I complained to them ended up having an hour long phone call they were zero help on the matter but gave me a £30 bill credit
Message 30 of 58