Did you mean: 

Samsung S8 Wifi Problems

Sophielaura
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

I have a Samsung galaxy S8 and i'm having trouble with my Wifi.

It connects to the Wifi fine for the most part, sometimes it has an exclamation mark on the symbol. However when it is connected, it only ever allows me to do limited things. I can use Whatsapp and Facebook messenger but I can't load pictures/videos or access the actual internet.

It isn't an issue with the Wifi as I have another phone connected (Galaxy A5) on another network that works perfectly. 

Anyone had this issue or knows how to help?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144788 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

Hi @Sophielaura

Try forgetting the wifi connection and reconnecting to it, you can also reboot the router, just in case.....
If this is only one wifi connection it will likely just be a settings issue which may be resolved by the above, but, if it is the same with many different wifi connections, I'd contact Samsung for them to run a diagnostic check on your phone. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Sophielaura
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi!

Thanks for your reply.

I've done all the usual forgetting of the network, restarting stuff. Still nothing.

It is just the one connection that doesn't work. 

To put some context to it, I have a work phone and a personal phone. Both work perfectly on the home wifi but only my work phone works perfectly on works wifi. Personal phone hardly works. It's worked fine for the past year and half but suddenly just stopped working. Nobody else in the office has this problem. 

Spoke to Samsung and they told me to speak to my network provider. I can see this being a long process!!

Thanks for your suggestions slight_smile

Message 3 of 6

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

It sounds to me that only a factory reset will sort this for you. It's a Samsung thing.....

Message 4 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144788 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
Have a word with your IT dept to see if they have added any security measures recently. Some corporate networks also require that you download a certificate for security reason etc so check these things first.
I'd agree that it doesn't sound like a phone issue, but as you say, it could take a while to pinpoint the issue with the individual connection.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

HI @Sophielaura, did any of the latest suggestiosn help you get this working since you last posted?

Welcome to the forum!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 6