Samsung Galaxy SIII - Jelly Bean update

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Update 22/10, 8:00:

Samsung has confirmed the Jelly Bean update is now available.

Update 20/10:

As you might have noticed, this hasn't gone live yet. We were expecting it to on Friday and are working with Samsung to figure out what went wrong and will update ASAP. 

Original message:

Hey Guys,

Good news! The wait time is almost over for Samsung Galaxy SIII users. From tomorrow, 19th October '12, you'll be be able to upgrade to the much awaited 4.1 Jelly Bean update over Wi-Fi or via Kies.

If you have activated the 'auto-update' feature from out of box, you will be prompted to download the 4.1 Jelly Bean update.

JB

Message 1 of 700
699 REPLIES 699

Bonnie007
  • 25 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hi I updated over Kies an hour ago but I don't see any difference apart from a few new things in settings?

I am o2 bought from carphone warehouse csc 19300oxadlj4

In about device it says it have 4.1.1, before it was 4.0.1  so why cant I see any difference?

Message 691 of 700

Anonymous
Not applicable

You will see a difference straight away if you long press the menu (for lack of a better word) hard key

This link might help http://www.android.com/about/jelly-bean/ 

Message 692 of 700

Bonnie007
  • 25 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

That's the link I have been looking at to see what it has but I don't have any of it 😞 

Message 693 of 700

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bonnie007 wrote:

That's the link I have been looking at to see what it has but I don't have any of it 😞 

The most obvious bit to find is Google Now. This can be accessed by pressing "Google Search" in the menu or long pressing the option Key. The rest doesn't make any radical changes to the normal running apart from some of the options have moved around and "project butter" is doing its buttery goodness wink 

Message 694 of 700

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
I think the reason we don't see the great differences they tell us is..... prob only avail in USA as per bl**dy usual

I know Google music is only in USA
Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile
Message 695 of 700

Anonymous
Not applicable

@macblank wrote:
I think the reason we don't see the great differences they tell us is..... prob only avail in USA as per bl**dy usual

I know Google music is only in USA

Ha ha! Totally agree, its like when siri wouldn't do UK business searches. I'm just happy that google now does everything in the UK that Siri refuses to do (not trying to Siri bash but does offer a good comparison)

I never got into this google music thing, the only thing i really want is google wallet - it offers contactless payment via the NFC chip... pull your finger out developers 😞

Message 696 of 700

Anonymous
Not applicable
Samsung rolled out Jellybean 4.1.2 for the SGSIII today. It can be updated over the air.

A few really nice changes.
Message 697 of 700

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93150 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions
Message 698 of 700

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Already a thread here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/Galaxy-S3-4-1-2-Released/td-p/369808
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 699 of 700

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apologies for trying to be helpful.

Message 700 of 700