Samsung Galaxy SIII - Jelly Bean update

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Update 22/10, 8:00:

Samsung has confirmed the Jelly Bean update is now available.

Update 20/10:

As you might have noticed, this hasn't gone live yet. We were expecting it to on Friday and are working with Samsung to figure out what went wrong and will update ASAP. 

Original message:

Hey Guys,

Good news! The wait time is almost over for Samsung Galaxy SIII users. From tomorrow, 19th October '12, you'll be be able to upgrade to the much awaited 4.1 Jelly Bean update over Wi-Fi or via Kies.

If you have activated the 'auto-update' feature from out of box, you will be prompted to download the 4.1 Jelly Bean update.

JB

Message 1 of 700
699 REPLIES 699

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
How strange.... France and Germany got JB today wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 661 of 700

Anonymous
Not applicable
Any update on how long it takes for jb to become avalible been waiting since friday and all i get is the same message and anyone know when kies will be fixed cheers
Message 662 of 700

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Kies is as fixed as it's gonna be (for now), what problems are youo having? Read back through the thread to find out how to check your CSC and then, which update you will get.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 663 of 700

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh No! Sky Go is not compatible with JB... This is dissapointing 😞

So... Any news on 4.1.2 yet? lol

Message 664 of 700

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
I hear it's in the pipeline along with another upgrade. But heard nothing solid like dates etc
Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile
Message 665 of 700

Anonymous
Not applicable

Recalibrated my battery. With very light use I have used about 50% in 14 hours, I suspect that the culprit is Google now so I have switched it off.

It is a nice "wow" feature, it gave me a notification that I should set off for a meeting, but I am really in no need of the function, it did impress me though. The battery would still have given me a days worth at work so it is nothing that worries me.

Message 666 of 700

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
Being on perm sick with an arthritic back. I use mine as my laptop! I will recharge about tea time to take me til bedtime.

So I'm on here, fb and sending texts plus random use of the internet.
Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile
Message 667 of 700

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, newbie here so please be gentle:smileyhappy:

I understand from looking through the thread that many, myself included, remain in a queue for the JB update.

I have tried upgrading via Kies on my p.c. but as soon as the download starts kies drops the connection to my phone.

Any ideas?

Also, re the queue for OTA upgrade- I have been getting the same message since since tuesday?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Message 668 of 700

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to let you know I have the unlocked verison of the S3 and connected it up today and there is a firmware update. Fingers crossed its gonna be JellyBean....

Message 669 of 700

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes same here - noticed a update icon when i switched on wifi - tried to upgrade OTA but in queue it seems so logged onto Kies - there is an update waiting so will update once my phone is fully charged - will infom on here once done - I cant imagin it being anything other than Jelly bean..

Message 670 of 700