Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S10 Notification Sounds

SamsungFanBoy
Level 13: Prompter
  • 259 Posts
  • 70 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
I have recently got the Samsung Galaxy S10 directly from O2 on pay monthly.

I am having issues with my notifications. Default sounds for like Snapchat etc just don't work and I get the default Samsung notification tone for EVERYTHING.

I like Snapchat to have it's own default sound because I'm used to that.

I don't know how to change it to the default sound given by the app itself.

Any ideas? Same issue for Facebook and some others too.

I don't know if this is a bug within the O2 firmware version or whether it's across board. My previous Samsung on EE didn't have this issue.

Thanks.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Hi @SamsungFanBoy 

To change notification sounds:

1. Go into Settings

2. Then Notifications

3. Select all applications

4. Click on the app you wish to alter the sound on

5. Against sound it will say default sound. To alter this just tap on it and a list of different sounds wil come up. Tap on your preference which will alter the sound.

It works on my S10+ so should work on the S10.

Hope this helps and welcome to the forum Welcome

Edited to add @SamsungFanBoy the only app I have that you mention is Facebook. And the list of the different app sounds includes 'Facebook Pop'. I don't know if that's what you mean by "the apps own sound". It could be that there is a sound for Snapchat too but not having it myself it wouldn't be on the list I see.

However, if nothing else you can at least alter the sounds of the different apps so they don't all sound the same. Again, hope this helps.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 2 of 12

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey @SamsungFanBoy, and congratulations on your new Galaxy S10! I was wondering if the advice above help you sort this notification issue? slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 12

SamsungFanBoy
  • 259 Posts
  • 70 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
@EmilieT this information didn't help. I already knew about doing it that way but that doesn't help me at all because there is no way there to set the sound provided by the app. All default sound does is makes everything the same default Samsung tone. My phone is driving me mad notifications wise, I have no idea which all is which anymore.
Message 4 of 12

SamsungFanBoy
  • 259 Posts
  • 70 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
*app
Message 5 of 12

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@SamsungFanBoy Thanks for coming back to update us! It's the first I hear of this problem but I'll check if I can find anything at all on this on my end and let you know in case I get any useful info slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 6 of 12

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@SamsungFanBoy wrote:
@EmilieTthis information didn't help. I already knew about doing it that way but that doesn't help me at all because there is no way there to set the sound provided by the app. All default sound does is makes everything the same default Samsung tone. My phone is driving me mad notifications wise, I have no idea which all is which anymore.

Perhaps I wasn't very clear @SamsungFanBoy. The idea is you change the default tone to another different tone. Yes, the default tone is the same but you can alter it to a totally different tone, so that all your apps sound different. I've done it on my phone so I know when I've got an email, when my apps in the playstore need updating, when I've a notification from Facebook and so on. There is a list of various tones you can change the default tone to.

I admit they may not be each apps own tone but they will be totally different to the default tone.  

Message 7 of 12

SamsungFanBoy
  • 259 Posts
  • 70 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
I don't know how or why... but it's suddenly sorted itself out and now says "app provided sound" rather than "default notification" I think some apps have updated. Maybe it wasn't a problem with the phone but rather an issue with some apps. Anyway it's sorted I think! Thanks everyone!
Message 8 of 12

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Glad to hear it @SamsungFanBoy. Good you're now sorted.

Message 9 of 12

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Brilliant, thanks for the update @SamsungFanBoy, and glad to hear that it's all sorted itself out smiley

Thanks @Glory1 as well for helping out hugging

signature

Message 10 of 12