Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P20 Pro WiFi calling

Jamie_TYV
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have had my P20 Pro since October 2018. I love the handset and have been promised since day one that WiFi calling would soon be available. I have very poor reception in my place of work (old stone building, dipped in a shallow valley). Live chat keep telling me that I should be able to use WiFi calling now but even with the latest version of Android available on my handset I have no options in settings to activate it. I am now regularly missing or dropping important calls and this is driving me nuts.

Can anyone shed any light?

I feel like O2 Customer Service keep fobbing me off regarding this. Had I realised I would have all this trouble, I would have chosen a different (already supported) handset at upgrade last year.
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Foddersin
Level 3: Thinker
  • 68 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Unfortunately it would seem like O2 are just going to blame Huawei for the complexity of the issue yet you can get this on a budget Doro handset, makes me wonder are they actually working on this? I think not given how a budget phone can support it yet a device with a premium price tag cannot.
Kindest Regards,
Andrew.
Samsung Galaxy S10+ on O2 UK
Nokia 1 Plus on O2 UK
Message 11 of 22

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all,

The recent and ongoing Huawei/Google situation has undoubtedly added some complications on Huawei's end, and I know this may roll some eyes as we've said it for a while, but I do want to re-iterate that we continue to work with and help Huawei with regards to the wifi calling implementation.

The fact that it's working on a Doro and not a Huawei doesn't mean this is an 'O2 thing' so I don't think it's relevant to bring this up - every device is different and implementing it on one may be completely different and infitely more complex than implementing it on another - as this very fact proves.

As and when there's more info or updates to share, we will, but I assure you this is still very much something we're working on, and keen to see in the hands of our customers.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 12 of 22

Atrindoril
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Seems a bit pointless now @Chris_K. Let's face it after the 19th August Huawei aren't going to provide any required updates and you could well end up a big PR job to sort. Personally I'd rather that than wifi calling - though annoying it's not standard for all new hardware
Message 13 of 22

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Jamie_TYV @Foddersin @Ste_A 

Just wanted to let you know we've added some news on this today here  slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 14 of 22

Ste_A
  • 25 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thank you Emillie for this news. Going away next month to somewhere with very poor mobile signal but we will have access to wifi, this update will be very handy.

Message 15 of 22

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

No worries @Ste_A  - whereabout are you heading if you don't mind me asking?? slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 16 of 22

Ste_A
  • 25 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@EmilieT South Devon, Thurlestone Rock. Mobile phone reception is very patchy but that's expected. Can't wait!!

Message 17 of 22

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Ste_A wrote:

@EmilieT South Devon, Thurlestone Rock. Mobile phone reception is very patchy but that's expected. Can't wait!!

Very exciting, @Ste_A! I've never been there but I hope you have a wonderful time and that the weather (and phone reception) treats you well too ... if you take any nice photos, feel free to drop by when you're back and share them here slight_smile

signature

Message 18 of 22

Ste_A
  • 25 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thank you @EmilieT Didn't know about the photo thread, got loads to post in there.

Message 19 of 22

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Ste_A  Looking forward to seeing some of your holiday (or everyday) shots there! smiley

signature

Message 20 of 22