Android pie and one UI update for galaxy note 9
Message 1 of 58
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good news everyone! Samsung have now released this update and we're working on it. It should be available on your devices in the next couple of days slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 58
57 REPLIES 57

One97nine
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Does anyone have an idea of timescales on this update, I read the general information about updates and it says a couple of weeks after release, so it should be dropping soon right?
Message 2 of 58

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Only @Chris_K can tell you for O2 firmware.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 58

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Chris_Kwill know, although he is now on holiday for a couple of weeks. Maybe someone like @MI5 or @viridis will have some idea?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 58

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Only @Chris_K can tell you for O2 firmware.

Oh well...good try on my behalf mentioning you @MI5 slight_smile

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 58

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No idea for O2 firmware. They're a law of their own.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 58

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey @One97nine, and thank you for your question!

We're working with Samsung to get this update out to our customers soon. Once we've completed our testing we’ll keep customers updated but until then, we won’t have any ETA. Hopefully there'll be more news to share in the coming weeks.

While you’re waiting for the update, do check out our Q&A here which has loads of info on typical timescales, how we test, why an update may be in a certain country/market and not the UK etc, and loads more.

Thanks @Cleoriff and @MI5 for the mentions - in @Chris_K's absence feel free to mention the Community team as well and we'll check what we can find slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 7 of 58

Skyhawk1010
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 150 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

There’s no rush on Android Pie for any of the eligible Samsung models on any of the UK networks. I’ve got Pie on both a Three branded Huawei Mate 10 Pro and an EE branded Sony XZ2 Premium. Biggest practical difference for me is the improved battery life on both handsets. 

Samsung are rumoured to be bringing out a Pie update in the UK  around mid February 2019.

Message 8 of 58

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good news everyone! Samsung have now released this update and we're working on it. It should be available on your devices in the next couple of days slight_smile

signature

Message 9 of 58

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Excellent news @EmilieT

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 58