cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My SMS messages not reaching Spain

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. My father lives in Spain. I receive text messages from him but he is not receiving any of mine. We both have Samsung Galaxies of one form or another. Any thoughts? TYIA

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Is your father using a Spanish phone/network? If so the prefix is always 0034

If he is using a UK phone/network.... then the prefix is 0044

An important thing to remember is... you don't need any Spanish area code when calling or texting a Spanish mobile...(This seems obvious but I do know people who forget this....I did initially) wink

I have an English friend who lives in Spain. She has two mobiles as she comes back to the UK often. I have both her numbers preset in my contacts list. I always call or text her from contacts, never inputting the number manually.

After all the above ..and if you can call and text everyone else...then as said..you have either been blocked inadvertently..or it is a Spanish network issue

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144358 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Is it a UK number you are texting and are you contract or payg?
If payg and texting a Spanish number you will need additional credit on top of any allowances you get with a bundle etc.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

First off ask him to check his call and message settings to make sure he hasn't inadvertently added your number to auto reject lists.

Try entering the number manually in the correct format rather than replying to his message.

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good point @jonsi! These things do happen 

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can call him AOK. Tried entering the number and texted - not received. Any other thoughts?
Message 5 of 7

jonsie
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Blocked you in message settings accidentally or a Spanish network issue....

Message 6 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Is your father using a Spanish phone/network? If so the prefix is always 0034

If he is using a UK phone/network.... then the prefix is 0044

An important thing to remember is... you don't need any Spanish area code when calling or texting a Spanish mobile...(This seems obvious but I do know people who forget this....I did initially) wink

I have an English friend who lives in Spain. She has two mobiles as she comes back to the UK often. I have both her numbers preset in my contacts list. I always call or text her from contacts, never inputting the number manually.

After all the above ..and if you can call and text everyone else...then as said..you have either been blocked inadvertently..or it is a Spanish network issue

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 7