cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Wifi can't register

Anonymous
Not applicable

Installed O2 Wifi app for Android on new Nexus 5X.

Launch the app, fine, enter mobile number, fine, "Get Code"...

Please download the latest version of the O2 Wifi App from the App Store.

Come on O2 Wifi, I've only just installed you. The app is "Version 1.3", "Offered by O2 UK", "Updated on 3 Sep 2014".

I tried looking at my existing account settings at http://wifi.o2.co.uk/ but there's no option to add a device.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Was this registered on your last device? This could be the issue....

Either way you will need to contact customer services as it appears to be a registration problem

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
O2 wifi app might not be working correctly with marshmallow yet?
Would also recommend calling cs to check not account issue.
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Was this on my last device? Yes, but I've now emptied the list in my account settings.

App might not be working correctly with Marshmallow yet? This seems a likely explanation, although it's been released to developers since May and the phone is sold in the O2 shop.

I've contacted customer support but the only advice was to reiterate the normal sign-up instructions... not much help in diagnosing Android app errors.

I wonder if info@o2wifi.co.uk can help as the registered developer e-mail contact?

Message 4 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
I would email them as you say but I suspect it's the app that needs an update.
There haven't been any o2 wifi app updates for ages.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I already tried emailing them to let them know the app needs update since that's the email register in Google play. However, got a response saying they replace the email support with live chat. Don't know when they are going to fix it, but the app is getting bad reviews. Maybe that's the way to get some attention so they fix the app soon.

Message 6 of 6