Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lollipop for S5, now live!

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Lollipop, lollipop, where for art thou lollipop?

I am here, says Lollipop while standing atop a shiny Samsung Galaxy S5!

Okay enough of the ye olde talk – Lollipop means business. If you thought Jellybean was buttery smooth, then you’ve not seen what Lollipop can do. This is a major platform update and isn’t just a collection of minor bug fixes or anything like that… This is a full blown update – new eye candy, new & fresh menus, new features – all while keeping the system running smooth & fluid while keeping your battery life in check too. You can find out here what Lollipop can do > http://www.android.com/versions/lollipop-5-0/

The update is now live via KIES and should be live via OTA update towards the end of the week, so go grab it now and let us know your thoughts on the new update

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 218
217 REPLIES 217

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anybody got a bad battery drain since updating I used to get a day before now I get less than 9 hours
Message 111 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous - I think you need to read the other pages

Changing my location setting from High Accuracy to Power Saving to see what battery drain that saves, cheers @Anonymous for the suggestion, seems like it defaults to High Accuracy when you turn it on.

Just to say my S4 has better battery life at the moment

Message 112 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't think it's that I don't have the gps on I never changed any settings and I use it the same amount the only thing that changed was the update
Message 113 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable

Changing of the location value to power saving, has already shown a big improvement in battery lifeBouncy

Message 114 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nor do I and swear that location was off on the notification panel, only to find it turned on when going through settings. Also if you haven't done so already its worth doing a factory reset. Since the weekend the battery drain has disappeared and would actually go as far as saying the battery has got better
Message 115 of 218

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145401 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27930 Solutions
Good advice for the Location settings and factory reset, but also remember it takes a few days and charge cycles for any new ROM to settle down.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 116 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable

I literally got my S5 2 days ago, big upgrade from the hunk of junk I had, but my phone came straight out of the box with this version and I can't seem to find any way to mute my phone, last night I was awoken at 2am by an email notification.

I've gone through the settings and there is no mute sound mode, I can't seem to find a way to completely silence my phone when I want to, any ideas?

Message 117 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and thanks for your question.

If you pull down the top of your screen you should get a notifications menu. One of these should be "sound" press it once to vibrate instead of ring or press or twice to go to silent.
Message 118 of 218

MI5
  • 145401 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27930 Solutions
Look in settings for the "Interruptions" menu.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 119 of 218

MI5
  • 145401 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27930 Solutions
or just put it into Airplane mode.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 120 of 218