Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lollipop for S5, now live!

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Lollipop, lollipop, where for art thou lollipop?

I am here, says Lollipop while standing atop a shiny Samsung Galaxy S5!

Okay enough of the ye olde talk – Lollipop means business. If you thought Jellybean was buttery smooth, then you’ve not seen what Lollipop can do. This is a major platform update and isn’t just a collection of minor bug fixes or anything like that… This is a full blown update – new eye candy, new & fresh menus, new features – all while keeping the system running smooth & fluid while keeping your battery life in check too. You can find out here what Lollipop can do > http://www.android.com/versions/lollipop-5-0/

The update is now live via KIES and should be live via OTA update towards the end of the week, so go grab it now and let us know your thoughts on the new update

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 218
217 REPLIES 217

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145010 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks, seems to have done the trick.

Good news Hug

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 211 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I see it most days. Will try clearing the Contacts app cache when it happens again and see if this helps. 

Message 212 of 218

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, I see it most days. Will try clearing the Contacts app cache when it happens again and see if this helps. 

Do you have an app killer downloaded on the phone?

Message 213 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nope. I don't go near those things. They're bad news.
Message 214 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable

So the general thought seems to be that Lollipop for the S5 is buggy so when will an update be released to fix the issues?

Message 215 of 218

MI5
  • 145010 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions
Google have already developed as far as 5.1 for Nexus devices and Samsung are about to release 5.02 for their devices, so it won't be long before they all catch up.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 216 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as i'm aware its only 5.1 that fixes all the bugs. 

Message 217 of 218

MI5
  • 145010 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions
I'm running 5.0.2 at the moment with no major issues, but 5.1 will be better still.

Currently using:
Message 218 of 218