Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lollipop for S5, now live!

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Lollipop, lollipop, where for art thou lollipop?

I am here, says Lollipop while standing atop a shiny Samsung Galaxy S5!

Okay enough of the ye olde talk – Lollipop means business. If you thought Jellybean was buttery smooth, then you’ve not seen what Lollipop can do. This is a major platform update and isn’t just a collection of minor bug fixes or anything like that… This is a full blown update – new eye candy, new & fresh menus, new features – all while keeping the system running smooth & fluid while keeping your battery life in check too. You can find out here what Lollipop can do > http://www.android.com/versions/lollipop-5-0/

The update is now live via KIES and should be live via OTA update towards the end of the week, so go grab it now and let us know your thoughts on the new update

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 218
217 REPLIES 217

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine goes to vibrate, then back to sound. It does not go to mute. I am not going insane. I have checked in sound and notification options and clicked the sound mode option, the following screen appears:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5xia5res6hrz1e2/Screenshot_2015-01-29-21-50-39.png
Message 121 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah I see, so I set it to "only allow priority interruptions" and disable all of them. That'll still allow my alarms to go off right? What if I use a custom app, such as sleep cycle, for my alarm. Will that be silenced by the interruptions?

Message 122 of 218

swebby
Level 3: Thinker
  • 88 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, on mine, sound press once for vibrate and again for sound on - no complete silent.

Complete silent is via the Notification short cut look like - symbol in a circle. First press changes to 5 point star = Priority as set under notifications menu or 2nd press = illuminate - circle green = No Interuptions to disable all sounds and 3rd press back to all notifications

S8+, Galaxy Tab S 8.4, Chromebook.
Message 123 of 218

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Ah I see, so I set it to "only allow priority interruptions" and disable all of them. That'll still allow my alarms to go off right? What if I use a custom app, such as sleep cycle, for my alarm. Will that be silenced by the interruptions?

There should be a setting within the app to allow it to override the phone settings, but yes, that's one way of doing it if you still want to get some notifications in emergencies, otherwise just go into airplane mode which will shut off all calls, texts and emails etc but still allow alarms to be heard.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 124 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks very much guys! I'll sleep peacefully tonight slight_smile

Message 125 of 218

swebby
  • 88 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Setting is found under notifications, app notifications, select app you want to have as priority and set to priority

Message 126 of 218

swebby
  • 88 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

If you want to disable the battery full beep if charging at night, after selecting priority notifications from pull down menu, go back to home screen, press volume button and select setting cog/gear icon and slide notification volume to minimum.  Clock alarm still sounds to get you up in the morning.

Message 127 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable
Major issues with Andrio 5.0 Lollipop as far as I'm concerned. As an O2 business account holder I am considering returning the phone under their damaged/faulty warranty.

The main issues are:

1. The "O2" server provider message in now on the notifications bar on the lock screen. So when the LED starts flashing blue you have to now unloc the hone in order to see why it is flashing as the "O2" title covers up SMS, Facebook and eMail icons.

2. The lack of a SILENT mode that is easily accessible from the power button. Complete madness to remove it, what are Google thinking of.

3. Performance. Definitely laggy on some apps. Not as snappy as previously.

4. Memory usage. On install messages warns you Lollipop takes up over 900MB more of memory space that Kitkat. WTF - Why? What new functionality is there that needs so much more memory. I can't find it.

5. Horrible flat/colour scheme.

6. Smaller icons on with larger backgrounds, wasting screen real estate.

If Samsung/Google/O2 don't get this fixed within a week I'm exchanging my S5 under contract and I'll make sure that I don't accept any Lollipop "upgrades" in the future.

I've already warned all my colleagues to ignore the Lollipop upgrade, unless they downgrading their phones.
Message 128 of 218

MI5
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
There's no way any company is going to take a phone back just because you don't like the new software, i'm afraid.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 129 of 218

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 130 of 218